Creating Ringtones!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by eclipse525, Feb 17, 2005.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Is there a way to create my own "True Tone" Ringtones(actual music samples) on my Mac and then transfer them to my LG6100 (verizonwireless) phone? If not on a Mac, then is it possible on via Windows(PC)?

Thanks!

~e

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

What format (WAV, MP3, etc.) does your phone use for ringtones? I have a Motorola MPx200, and it takes WAVs... I use a program called Voicetones Studio 3.0 to extract portions of MP3 files, convert them into WAV format, and then copy them onto my phone. My current ringtone: The intro to Coldplay's "Clocks", taken straight from CD.

3. Sogo macrumors 6502

A while back i wanted to do the same. but i have long since deleted the programs i used. But i got them from www.macupdate.com

there is this one and this one, and a few others i cant remember at the momment.

4. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

How can I find out what formats my phone accepts? It doesn't say what it accepts in the instruction booklet. Also, how do I connect my LG phone to my computer? Any clues as to where I can find the cables for that?

~e

5. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

I too am interested in this. I have an LG VX6000 with Verizon. The one thing I want from my cell is true ring tones.

6. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I think you need to consult your phone's manual or talk to your cell provider for more info. It took a bit of research for me to figure out that all my phone wanted was common Windows WAV files. From there, it was simple to find a conversion program and copy the WAVs over (my phone synchronizes with my notebook using ActiveSync, so the phone becomes just another set of folders).

7. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Scratch my last post. I just came across a GREAT Forums site. It pretty much covers most phones and it answered ALL my questions. Check it out.

Howard Forums!

Hope this helps any of you guys.

~e

8. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

Hey me too. I have a Sony Ericsson T630 with bluetooth, and my PB has bluetooth as well, so transferring them to the PB shouldn't be a problem. But I want to create the ringtones from my MP3 files. How do I do this?

9. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Audio Hijack

I use audio hijack to make ringtones. Very easy to use. You can find it at www.versiontracker.com just search for it.

10. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

You do? I have Audio Hijack. What's your process for making a ring tone and getting to your phone?

~e

11. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

i have a nokia 7600 and you just use mp3 files