Creative is copying apple, o heaven!

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CubaTBird, Oct 13, 2004.

1. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

Attached Files:

2. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Do they actually think that people would buy one of those? It certainly isn't stylish. When will people learn that they can't copy the ipod.

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

I'm really getting tired of companies "trying" to copy Apple. And that button layout is horrible. Man if your gonna copy someone, do it right :rolleyes: This one thing that just bugs me about non Apple products, most of them try to design them well but never actually do. When Apple designs something, not only does it look nice, but its there for a function (usaully). When I see PCs and other non Apple products, they put design into it, but I just can't see the reasoning behind it.

4. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

nothing can compair the the greatness of an iPod ;) :rolleyes:

5. Apmonia macrumors regular

One of the greatest things about the iPod is the availibility of it. If you look at where Apple has been able to sell these, in stores like Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, and elsewhere, people get to use the product before they buy it.

Case in point, my current iPod mini died recently. Having purchased from Best Buy I took it back there to get it replaced. While waiting, I looked at the other players they had. The Rio Carbon struck me and I started playing around with it. Very nice looking, but terrible to play with. The controls were weird and it had a cheap feel to it. So I stuck with the mini (a blue one this time). I have a feeling this Creative device will be the same way, another product to place next to the iPod and say, "You could have bought this instead."

So I guess my point after all that babbling is that, as long as the iPod is out there in stores, it will continue to be the most popular player.

Here's a link to the Rio Carbon in case anyone is interested:
    http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/shop/_templates/item_accessories.asp?model=267

Apmonia

6. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

The black version is less ugly than the other colours, not that it matters much. Plus, it's Creative. That alone makes me not consider it. Creative is Evil.
    Plus, it doesn't support Ogg Vorbis, and it probably never will (not that it's of any importance to most people).