Creative Suite 3 Expected Q2 2007

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by gunm, Mar 24, 2006.

1. gunm macrumors member

Jan 23, 2006
  2. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

May 18, 2005
    Well that sucks a duck doesn't it now. We will be on Rev B Mac Pros, Rev C MacBook Pros, Rev C iMacs, Rev B iBooks by the time it comes out.
  3. ethen macrumors regular

Dec 5, 2005
    by the time it comes out, our intel mac is going to be outdated :(
    i think they would have a better mac by then.
  4. lamina macrumors 68000

Mar 9, 2006
    From Canada, living in Seoul
    Think this will increase the value of PowerPC Macs? I doubt that thousands of design students are gonna be able to tolerate working with PS, InDesign, etc through Rosetta.
  5. technicolor macrumors 68000

Dec 21, 2005
    I am going to SAIC next semester, and they said they are giving us Macbook Pros instead of Powerbooks......
    BTW, its required to have an apple laptop(currently powerbook, if you dont own one they add it on to your tuition and give it to you).

Ive been running CS on my Macbook pro and I dont notice any difference between that and my G5. Im still wondering why ppl are making such a big deal out of this, or perhaps the actual functions I am doing arent as labor intensive as others...but still. ...
  6. Daschund macrumors member

Sep 16, 2003
    New York Citeeeeeeyyyy!
    Yeah, I think this sucks also... Maybe Quark will come out with a UB version of QuarkXPress much sooner than that to try to get some market back...

I guess I'll just wait 'till the Mac Pros are announced and then get a Quad G5 with a good price! :D
  7. iGary Guest

May 26, 2004
    Randy's House
    Thanks, Bruce.

Two years AFTER WWDC, when you promised you would work hard at providing a UB.

8. wizenPub macrumors newbie

Jan 25, 2006
    The beginning of the end of Adobe?

Every greedy empire falls eventually. Adobe has become so inbred they can't even keep up with the times. In the mean time Quark 7 is already universal binary with a lot of useful (non-destructive) Photoshop and Illustrator functionality built in. Color-based transparency is where it's at and it prints better than InDesign. On an intel Mac it runs native and everything is instant. When the dragon flies too high, he exposes his soft underbelly.
  9. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Mar 17, 2005
    London, UK
    I hate the way that big companies think they have the right to dictate the progress of the world!! :p

Seriously though, Adobe really should release a UB for CS2. Mind you there's still a chance that they'll release CS2.1 for a $99 upgrade that will be a Universal app.
  10. turbopants macrumors regular

Feb 11, 2006
    Wow, that's over a year from now, and I bet Studio 9 (flash, dreamweaver, etc) will come out around the same time. Oh well. :mad:
  11. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

Sep 8, 2002
    The Netherlands
    I just wonder what percentage of CS 2 users use Macs vs. Windows.

The problem cases are those with a PowerBook G4 dying to upgrade to a MacBook Pro, but can't run CS 2 at full speed.
    Probably most users own a G5 and don't need the upgrade.

Adobe doesn't care. They rule this world:
    Need CS 2 to run fast? Get a Quad G5, or get the Windows version...

Once CS 3 is out, they can be assured it will sell well.

Sounds a bit like M$.... :eek:
  12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    Those will be easier as Macromedia had already started on the conversion since they knew that CodeWarrior and PowerPlant for Mac OS X was dying and they needed a solution. Also, they created Lightroom and have some idea of how to handle things.

Adobe doesn't care to try too hard, especially when no one pays for it.
  13. G.Kirby macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2005
    Swansea, South Wales
    I have been told to look out for Quark 7 in the next couple of months as a release time. Quark need to drop the price of the software to stay in the game even if it gets released 10-12 months ahead of the CS3 suite which has developed a mild case of 'Longhorn Syndrome'. :D
  14. G.Kirby macrumors regular

Feb 15, 2005
    Swansea, South Wales

Yes they should release a UB for CS2. However, with a UB CS2 available CS3 will have to be bloody brilliant otherwise no-one will feel the need to buy it.

The way Adobe see it is this: Why risk damaging sales of our CS3 when upgrading users will have to buy it to get the most from their Intel Mac's instead of limping along with CS2.
  15. uberfoto macrumors member

Apr 24, 2006
    Been searching to try and find if there was word on when Adobe was going to jump on the UB wagon.

Well. I'm a little pissed. '07?! Are you joking? :confused:

My next gripe is with Nikon. I use Capture 4 for most of my RAW adjustments before I save as a .jpg and touch up/resize etc w/CS (on my PC). Now that I have a MBP, I would much rather work on it, considering one of the main reasons I upgraded IN THE FIRST PLACE! was because my PC is outdated and it takes me FAR too long to edit anything! *sigh*

At least I have Rosetta as a last stand alternative...

Anybody tried loading the WinXP based CS/2 and/or Capture programs on their Intel Mac using Bootcamp? Maybe that will be the better (read: faster) option for now?

Man, you guys should use the vB2 buttons here.
  16. Tehy macrumors regular

Jan 15, 2006
    Is there any other image editor which is already universal?
  17. gman71882 macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    Houston, Tx
    Photoshop elements hopefully be universal by the end of the year.

AS for QUARK... PFFFFTT they shot themselves in the @$$ by being such NAZIs about their Licensing & Serials. The Design School I just graduated from hasn't taught Quark in the Past 4 years and probably wont in the future. They Charge too much for their software.

I hate to say it, but in order to win younger converts Adobe was a little more LAX with their licensing and now MUCH MORE YOUNGER DESIGNERS ARE USING IT.

My school just singed a deal with Adobe and i since i still work at the school i can get ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE PREMIUM FOR $170. I can also get STUDIO 8 for $140
    quacky quark cant beat that price at all when its $698