Creative Writing

Discussion in 'Community' started by *Y*, Nov 1, 2004.

1. *Y* macrumors regular

I have to do this one project for my Creative Writing class, but i have no clue what to do. Basically I have to teach a lesson. It doesn't really have to be a formal lesson, it can be more activity like. If any of you have an idea it would really be welcome.

Thanks In Advance. :)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Do you have any more specifics? Any kind of lesson?

For one of my job interviews I had to give a 12 minute "how to" presentation.
    I did a 'how to' on how to catch a trophy bass.

I got the job.

3. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

Well I was thinking of making it interactive. One of the lessons that a person did this year was making a film, the whole class was involved.

4. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Wow, making a film!
    How long does this lesson need to be?

5. *Y* thread starter macrumors regular

It doesn't have to be long. Thirty or more minutes.

6. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I'd suggest teaching something you know really well, something you're excited about. If you're excited about it, the class will be, too.

7. atif.muhammad macrumors member

8. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I agree... the more passionate about your subject you are, the more it will translate into body language and overall energy.

Tell us some of the interests you have, things you are passionate about, and maybe we can suggest some ideas from them.

9. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

how about "how to use a mac and love it!" and you can show them how it never crashes like a PC! and then you can have people 1 by 1 come up and see how it runs/works :D

10. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i think you kinda missed the point -- it's not very creative if some else tells you what to do, thats the whole point of the project.

now with that said

if it creative writing, try something like monologue writing; teach the class about how to write monologues, ie character development, mood, story -- then get them to take 10 minutes to put together a short 30 - 45 second monologue -- you can either get them to read it out, or read it yourself to the class.

Make them comfortable by doing one yourself -- be creative --- thats the point

11. wowser macrumors 6502a

wowser

Surely if it's 'creative writing', then the project can't be instructional, as 'creative' implies that it is more based on a poem, fictional story, or indeed a film script. How about doing a poerty workshop, say using random cut out words that each group can place together to create their own poems. It's a bit lame, but, hey.

12. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

i think it can be instructional -- you obviously can't teach creativity, but can teach to harness it -- i kinda like that that poetry workshop idea though