Creative ZEN 4GB

Discussion in 'iPod' started by tutubibi, Sep 21, 2007.

1. macrumors 6502a

tutubibi

I know it's strange to post this kind of questions to MacRumors and on iPod forums but I hope I can get some constructive input.

Anyway, I am in the market for a small flash based audio/video media player. I considered new iPod Nano but since size/style is not my primary criteria I (almost) decided to go with new Creative ZEN 4GB. Feature-wise it beats Nano in every category I care about (DivX support, SD expandability, FM tuner, bigger screen, navigation).

So here are some questions for anyone who might have this ZEN device:

1) Can you copy media files (music, movies ...) directly to the device (like to external flash drive) instead of using special software (i.e. iTunes for iPod)? Reason for asking is that I don't want player to be tied to a single machine.
    2) If answer to question #1 is NO, is there are some media manager software for Mac to handle ZEN?
    3) What's the max supported resolution for the DivX video playback on this ZEN?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. macrumors regular

You may want to find a Zen forum to ask that one as I suspect the number of Zen owners in these forums is statistically insignificant so it's likely nobody here knows the answer.

3. macrumors 68040

elppa

The website you linked to informs you of the following:

and

You might be able to hack around it, but as far as Mac support from Creative goes, it looks a little thin on the ground.

4. macrumors newbie