Creative Zen MicroPhoto on Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tonymac, Dec 17, 2005.

1. tonymac macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering if there is some kind of driver, helper or app that allows the Creative Zen MicroPhoto to work under Tiger. I know there is a plugin avaliable, but I'm not sure if it'll work with this particular model. Do I even need this software to allow this mp3 to work under Tiger, or does it just come up as an external hard drive?

2. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

i doubt you'll find much help on these forums, but here's my best shot.
    when you plug it in, it should automatically come up as a usb drive. am i to assume this plugin you speak of is for windows media player to work with it in mac? if so, it should be exactely what you need since windows media player is the default for "other" mp3 players. (note: i have never used any version of wmp on a mac, so i don't know if it has the same portable device menu as its windows counterpart does) i also don't know how the zen works; whether or not you can put the songs on the drive right from finder and it will recognize them, because you should at least be able to do that. have you tried plugging it in yet?

due to an insatiable curiosity, i find myself needing to ask this: what made you go with a zen over an iPod?

3. tonymac thread starter macrumors newbie

I haven't actually bought the Zen yet, I'm hoping to get it during Christmas. I like the Zen more primarily because it has a radio and can play .wma. I have read in places that you can plug in most mp3 players to a mac and it *should* automatically mount as an external drive. Please write back. And also, where is a suitable place that you can think of to pose this question since this place is apparentely pointless?

4. plinkoman macrumors 65816

plinkoman

to be quite honest, i'm really not sure if there's any place you could find more answers. apple has 4% market share in computers, creative has 4% market share in mp3 players, and they're very rarely the same 4%.

however, i did a quick google on the subject and found this:
    http://www.wentnet.com/projects/xnjb/

it is also mentioned in this review of the touch, that it isn't a usb mass storage device. i couldn't really guess whether or not that has changed with the microphoto.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/11/01/review_creative_zen_touch/page2.html

i take it you don't have a pc laying around that you can use?
    in any case, rather then going through the hassel of trying to get a zen working on a mac, my best advice is convert your wma's to mp3 or aac, (unless they have drm from napster or something) get an iPod, and forget fm radio.

good luck

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

DRM'ed WMAs won't work on a Mac anyway. And if you want radio, get an FMXtra or iFM. Otherwise, you'd probably need VPC.