Creative's wireless headphones and Samsung's 3GB phone

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Applespider, Mar 10, 2005.

1. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    The BBC are annoucing some of the gadgets being shown off at the CEBIT technology show in Germany. MS Media Centre gets a mention, of course.

Creative are showing off personal wireless headphones to use with a Zen which apparently last for 30 hours. And Samsung have put a 3GB hard drive into a phone. The most amazing thing is that they managed to write an article talking about personal music players without using the trite phrase 'iPod killer'

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

3. angelneo macrumors 68000

4. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-angelneo

Hmm. All I get in that article is cyrillic.

But I do have a point: Anybody know who makes that 3gb 1" drive? It isn't us.

5. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    not if ur spongebob square pants fit u perfectly!!!

6. angelneo macrumors 68000

The images are some where down in the middle. here's a few images

Attached Files:

7. OperationScotch macrumors newbie

OperationScotch

Cornice provides 3GB Drive for Phone

Cornice (www.corniceco.com) makes a 3GB one-inch drive. Cornice was founded in 2000 and was the first one-inch hdd maker to provide storage to the mass market. They've provided the first one-inch storage to the first one-inch mp3 player (RCA Micro Lyra and Rio Niturs), USB Storage, GPS device, digital video camera, and cell phone. They have something they call "Crash Guard" technology that makes the drive extra-durable and it can be dropped onto hard concrete from 1.5 meters up and still survive. It seems like the perfect solution because they are also lower cost vs. the idustry giants Hitachi and Seagate, who also now have recognized the one-inch storage potention and have jumped into the market.

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-OperationScotch

Ah, the fellas we're suing for patent violations. Thanks.

9. OperationScotch macrumors newbie

OperationScotch

If you work for Hitachi like your bio says, you are not suing Cornice - you are suing GS MagicStor (the Chinese-based vendor), which I've heard is extremely logistical because their micro-HDD looks like a carbon copy of yours on the inside!

10. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-OperationScotch

Whoops! Your right. However Western Digital and Seagate are suing Cornice. But that could be looked upon as an indirect...

11. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

First good thing Creative has done

They look awful but I like the technology within them. Unlike other wireless solutions, these work by magnetic inductance. Systems like these are used in theatres so that patrons with hearing aids can tune in to an audio feed of the show. The great thing about them is that they barely use any battery compared to a similar BlueTooth solution. For an MP3 player, which is always on the listener, it seems like an ideal choice of technology.

This is the first Creative product that I wish was available on the iPod. Creative has ripped off the iPod design in the past so Apple should turn the tables on them and rip off this magnetic inductance solution.

12. OperationScotch macrumors newbie

OperationScotch

Western Digital dropped their suit against Cornice and Cornice countersued Seagate back, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Needless to say, I LOVE my Cornice-based MP3 player! I've dropped it 100's of times and it still keeps going! So, I cheer for Cornice since they are the little guys trying to hash it out with the big guys (and doing a GREAT job at it!)