Creatures or Soundsticks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JurgenWigg, Jun 20, 2006.

?

Soundsticks vs. Creatures

1. Harman Kardon Soundsticks

17 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. JBL Creatures

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

Looking to get some speakers for college and have narrowed it down to either the JBL creature II's or the Harman Kardon soundstick II's.

What do you guys think?

2. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Between the two, Soundsticks are better.

But honestly, sound quality trumps looks anyday.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Talk to your roomie, your best bet may end up being a good pair of headphones.

4. fanbrain macrumors 6502

fanbrain

Soundsticks; as long as you have the sub. Q-u-a-l-i-t-y.

5. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

I have SoundSticksII and they are great. The only downside of them is that you have to position them carefully for best sound quality, as they use Odyssey technology that helps to reduce size of speakers, but also narrows the high-quality-range. Subwoofer can sometimes be very intense, but you'll get used to it.

I had Creatures for a day back in 2003 and the sound was superior, but as I said it was long ago when I didnt have SSII and only for one day. Its up to you...

Maybe you should listen to both at the store and then choose? :)

6. dhc macrumors regular

I have soundsticks (original- USB), my wife has Creatures II. The creatures are tight and perhaps 'compressed', but have a BIG sound. My Soundsticks have a much warmer more rounded sound, but lack the full volume of the Creatures. My preference is the Soundsticks..

7. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Cloudgazer

I concur.

Everything I've read about the Encounter's makes them better than the Creatures and less expensive than the SoundSticks.

At first I was totally hooked on the idea of the SoundSticks, but I don't like the design of the sub... too much dust and stuff can get in.

8. kevin.rivers macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

I picked up some encounter refurbs on eBay they are straight from harman, for a mere $33. They look and sound brand new, and come with a year warranty.