creatve labs gigaworks T20: my thoughts

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by schmintan, Mar 26, 2007.

1. schmintan macrumors regular

Just got the Creative labs gigaworks T20 and I am very impressed. for a set of small stereo speakers, they have remarkable bass. the excel though in the mid range. vocals is crystal clear, and classical guitar sounds like its being played in front of you. there is also an aux in port on the front of them which is great as you dont have to unplug your laptop if you want to plug in the ipod. they are a little plasticy in feel, but considering they were less than 100 euro, that makes no real difference.im still unsure about the volume knob, if its a bit crackly, but il update this once im sure. the transformer with them is way too bulky, and cannot sit in an adaptor plug beside another plug, it infringes over the other sockets. overall though i thoroughly recommend these speakers as you will not do better for the price.

2. schmintan thread starter macrumors regular

just after i wrote the review above i noticed a hum in the speakers. its not very loud, but now i can hear nothing but it and its driving me insane so the speakers are going back to the store. its a pitty, as they have great sound. perhaps i got a lemon, but nevertheless, thats the 2nd time ive had issues with creative so il be avoiding them in future. il be trying the jbl stereo speakers on the apple site next : http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=3EAC0CBE&nplm=TB998LL/A

would anyone have any words against them?