Credibility?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mal, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Hey, has anyone ever purchased anything from The Digital Expo? They've got the best deal I've seen on a Casio EX-Z70, but the BBB doesn't have much of anything on them, and I always like to check out my online retailers before purchasing. Let me know if you've heard good or bad about them.

EDIT: Alternatively, how about Camophoto? They've got a better price, but they're based in Switzerland.

EDIT 2: Never mind, got it from JR's, almost as good a price and a good name. Still would like to know about those retailers.

jW

2. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

were you getting these companies from pricegrabber?

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

They are both scam sites. Do a Google search for "the digital expo" (all in quotes)...the entire first page of hits are pages talking about this place. Camophoto only accepts MoneyGram and is registered to a guy in Santa Rosa, CA.

If it looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

4. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

Yeah, when I noticed the Camophoto MoneyGram thing, I knew it was probably not legit, but I wasn't sure about The Digital Expo. They didn't have anything obviously not right about them, and the deals on both weren't the dirt cheap I expected from scams. Anyways, I'm glad I found the deal I did, because I feel a lot safer now.

jW

5. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I've never heard of a site that only takes MoneyGrams. That to be is very odd. Camophoto is either a scam, or very, very odd.