Credit card charged

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by itsmequinn, Sep 22, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

Anyone else's card get charged for their new Apple TV yet? Mine did today but no change to the shipping status yet. I'm thinking they're going out soon.

2. macrumors 6502a

Mine was charged on September 1st

3. thread starter macrumors regular

So did mine, but that charge went away after 2 or 3 days (just authorizing). This is a new charge for the same amount AND my gift card that I used for part of the price is now at $0 which did not happen on the 1st. I think this might mean it'll ship soon.

4. macrumors 6502a

my credit card has been charged again as well...

still "ships: September" though :(

5. macrumors 6502a

UnseenLlama

Your credit card was authorized on September 1st. It will be charged once it's ready to ship.

6. macrumors regular

Charged. I'm charged up too!!

7. macrumors member

Yup I had a temp charge back in sept. 1 but today my card got charged for the total ammount. I think they are getting them ready to ship soon.

8. macrumors 6502

Canada??

Anybody in Canada who ordered Sept. 1st got their credit card charged? Mine still not...

9. macrumors regular

No charging here in the UK yet (although mine is using a debit card rather than credit!) I'm still getting excited though! :D

Edit: Also, the full amount was held for a couple of days on September 1st when I ordered it :) hopefully it'll be shipping soon!

10. macrumors newbie

jmorrow76

Amazon Shipping

I ordered mine through Amazon. Do they typically start shipping the same day as Apple or is there a bit of a lag?

11. macrumors member

My CC was charged today too. I purchased mine on Sept. 1st. They might ship very soon!:D

12. macrumors 6502

Charged as well. Ordered 3AM (Pacific) Sept. 2nd.

13. macrumors regular

Same here and still nothing! Hopefully it will be soon :)

14. macrumors regular

Usually there's a lag, but not a huge one. (Meaning a week or less, not weeks)
    It depends on how quickly Apple fills other distribution chains or favors their own in-house retail chain.

15. macrumors 65816

i believe you used debit card right? debit will instantly charged. if you use credit it will only charged once the product was shipped

16. macrumors newbie

My CC was also charged (yesterday)

17. thread starter macrumors regular

Not true, at least not in my case. The authorized the card on September 1, meaning they issued a charge for $99 just to make sure the card information and balance was legitimate, but after it was stuck "processing" with my bank for a day or two, it went away. Fast forward to yesterday, my card was charged again and this one's actually going through and taking money from my account.

18. macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Same here.. However my postal service has changed from standard Post, to "Fast Ship (EMEA)" so hopefully should be going :)

19. macrumors newbie

HMMM... I ordered mine on Sept. 1st at 11:45 AM pacific and I'm still not seeing a charge or any changes to my order status. I'm sure it's fine, but I want to see some activity, same as you all!

20. macrumors 6502a

yes, debit card

21. macrumors 65816

Batt

It's been gone from Amazon since last week, except for some third party selling it for $198.

22. macrumors 65816

Interesting....I also have mine ordered from there and it still shows that my order is valid and will ship when available. But if I click on the item name again on my confirmation, I get the page described above, where Amazon isn't actually selling it or taking orders. Hopefully those of us who have it on pre-order will get units in a timely manner.....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001FA1NK0/ref=ox_ya_os_product

23. macrumors newbie

I got charged today

My credit card shows a pending charge as of this morning. I placed my order on September 1st. The status of my order still shows shipping in September though. Maybe it will ship next week. :)

24. macrumors newbie

My Debit card is showing a 9/22 charge for Apple that's pending, but still no ship date, order placed 9/1...ESS

:D

25. macrumors regular

I have one on order too...hopefully they get them in stock around the same time. Ordered from them b/c of prime shipping, and 3% back on the Amazon credit card. Otherwise, I'd have ordered from Apple.