Creepily Insane Collections

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by Fleetwood Mac, Jul 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

I've noticed that there isn't a thread (at least a recent one) to display everyones various collections of *stuff*. We musn't neglect that pile of toasters from the 50s, or that butterfly collection, perhaps those painted ceramic knomes, or quite possibly a lot of paint cans, who knows-maybe you have a collection of batteries.

No matter, a thread now exists.

I shall be the first to share. Featured in the photos below is my ever-growing duck collection. This is about half of it (didn't want to crush anything!!).

[​IMG]
    The overview.

[​IMG]
    Hanging out by the DVD writter.

[​IMG]
    Me trying to be artistic..

[​IMG]
    It seems that my mini is a near thousand dollar chair. Fun.

Alright, I could post a million pictures-but I shant (shan't? Shall not..oh my). Anywho, don't feel pressured to have your Mac in any pictures, these ducks just live closer to my desk than any other photographable area.

Enjoy yourselves...:D

2. Moderator emeritus

yellow

I collect all things (The) Simpson(s).

3. Ish
    macrumors 68000

Ish

English ten-pound notes. Any spares, please send! ;)

4. macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I collect dust. :eek:

5. macrumors 6502a

jalagl

Shot glasses

I have a shot glass of every place I've ever been to.
    If I remember, I'll try to post a picture when I get home.

6. macrumors 6502a

Tanglewood

Ditto on the shot glass collection. Though I also collect money. Mostly US though I'm not limited to that. My oldest note is a $5 Confederate States of America note and my newest is a £5 Jack Nicklaus note.

7. macrumors 6502

Dragons, but only of the mythical (non-Asian) variety. Pictures when i get home.....eventually.............maybe...

8. macrumors 65816

mattcube64

Well, I tend to not really "collect," but rather gather random video game related merchandise. Anything from action figures, to Pez, the board games, to chainsaw controllers. I have quite a bit more than the pictures show, but I'm getting ready to blow some fireworks.

However, I'm a big fan of Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, and so I do have a small collection of cups, globes, etc. However, my prized possession is a 6 foot tall Jack Skellington replica that represents my Xbox Live Gamertag, Skel1ingt0n.

Attached Files:

9. macrumors 603

63dot

just shoes now...at least for a guy...i have five pairs (nunn bush dress shoes, spalding tennies, skate park tennies, echo boots, and carolina boots)...uh, now just four since the new puppy thrashed one pair of the tennies (but before that i had two pairs of shoes tops, thoughout my childhood, teens, twenties, and thirties)...the fab five would probably call me a metrosexual for those five pairs of shoes ;)

i used to have a stamp collection of thousands of stamps worth close to nothing and gave them away...and then i had a coin collection which i sold and bought two electric guitars (one aria and one ibanez) with which would later lead to another 56 electric and acoustic guitars over the years of arias, ibanezes, fenders, gibsons, yamahas, martins, ovations, takamines, silvertones, new and used...but i finally got over that expensive and house cluttering habit and now i just have two relatively inexpensive guitars)

ultimately, if i could collect something, it would be stocks, bonds, diplomas, deeds to properties, and other worthwhile things which take up very little space...but if i had that much money, i would donate it, plus my time

i do marvel at people's huge toy collections, civil war memorabilia, or rare porcelin figurines, all in expensive glass cases...but i would never want that stuff, no matter how expensive, taking up all the room in my living space

right now, i am helping a handicapped couple move their collection of over 2000-3000 books, 150 records and compact disks, as many DVDs and VHS/beta tapes, and $200,000 dollars of top shelf wines from three small rooms in their house so the carpeting people could lay down some new carpet...there is so much "stuff" that you could easily hide jimmy hoffa and the entire afl-cio in their rather small house between all that junk

btw, i am still impressed with that duck collection

10. macrumors 6502a

faustfire

Im suprised, I didnt see any devil duckies.

http://www.accoutrements.com/devilduckies.html

11. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Doll heads. Been doing it since I'm 8.

Attached Files:

12. macrumors 6502a

iTwitch

Have you seen Bartelby's July desktop? page 4

13. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Creepy.:eek:

14. macrumors 6502a

jalagl

As promised, here's a portion of my shot glass collection. There are places where I couldn't find a shot glass, so I got something else instead. :D

Attached Files:

15. macrumors regular

seh80

PICT0002.jpg Lapel pins are my thing... no apple pin yet :(

16. macrumors 68020

nothing... it takes up to much space. I like things neat and organized. :)

17. macrumors Core

Admit it, you're obsessed with her!;)

Yes, as pointed out.
    Blythe dolls have become a recent thing for me (last 3 months). I have 3, with aims for a 4th already underway.

18. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I have a small collection of Apple ones. I have two proper apple ones, an OS2 and just an OS badge. I also have some from IBM and a huge one which is like a Mac.

19. Ish
    macrumors 68000

Ish

Macabre. Gives me the shivers!

20. macrumors 65816

mark!

I'm trying to collect Macs...?

I only have 3 so far...about to get the 4th one soon :)
    Maybe even the 5th one.
    It's growing though...slowly.

21. macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

I have a fairly big collection but i am selling it all apart from my two Apple Macintoshes and the Apple 2.

22. macrumors 65816

mark!

That's cool.
    I still want a slot loading iMac, PowerMac (G3) & a G3 laptop.
    :)
    I'm getting a macintosh classic for free though.

23. macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

Homies and Pez dispensers.

My true "collection" would have to be either the 60+ Homies I have bought and traded...

or

my 50+ PEZ dispensers.

I dont collect Pez dispensers in the sense of buying rare ones and knowing what to look for besides the abscence of feet. I just buy cool looking ones, ugly looking ones or cartoon related ones. I just have them in a big bag right now, got no place to put em.

I do also collect Alice in Wonderland related things, NOT just the Diznee version, but books, posters, chotzkes etc. I love me some AiW. Not much in the collection, but I always love finding different printings/illustrations of the book.

24. macrumors Core

I'm going to guess you're not in the UK are you?

When my parent's upgrade from my slot loading 350MHz it'll be be going to whoever pays the shipping.

25. macrumors 65816

mark!

wait...you mean like...free but i pay shipping :eek:
    if it was thatd be amazing. i'd deffinitely do it. ahha.
    but no im not in the UK. id still do it