crime doesnt pay... unless you like poo

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by lucface, Jan 27, 2006.

1. lucface macrumors regular

lucface

ahhhhahahahahahahahaha, yes! haha, i wanted to do this so bad! but i missed my chance.
    Scammer pays FedEx to send him a box of Rottweiler excrement
    Here's a satisfying story of revenge: a guy was selling his used video camera on Amazon, and some small-time sleazeball sent the seller a bogus sale confirmation email that appeared to originate from amazon.com. Instead of receiving a valuable video camera, the scammer ended up paying shipping charges to Nigeria for a box of dog sh.. http://web.mac.com/dwp/iWeb/Gl2/Scam_Details.html

here is an edit from my post a wile ago when i was selling my ti pb and this guy(not the same one) tried to rip me off too:
    from this thread http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=124623

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

hah! Fed Ex have made my hour. thats mad!

and that's the best thread title I've seen for a while :D

3. David L. macrumors newbie

4. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

The only downside was that nobody was around to see the look on the b*stard's face when he opened the box.

5. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Too bad he didn't send the guy a box full of infectious medical waste. Seriously, I wish these scammers would all just DIE. :mad:

I've had Nigerian/West African scammers try to buy my PowerBook from me AND a 160 pound* Sony TV from me... like anyone's going to pay shipping on a 160 pound TV to the other side of town, much less Africa.

* Weight, not value.

6. lucface thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

yah, i agree, or have there peepee's cut off

7. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Great story, made my day! Thanks for the link, that's just great. And I thought I treated telemarketers badly! I know it's a much different scenario, but nonetheless... ;) :cool:

8. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

That reminds me. I need to clean the dog poop outta my backyard. Too bad I don't have any Nigerian scammers to send it too...

9. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

Hold on, you might be onto something there. We seem to have all sorts of issues surrounding over-capacity landfills, waste/refuse management, etc. So, the solution I propose is this: start posting objects which you don't own (i.e. Canon GL2 cameras) on the Internet and wait for the scammers to contact you. Once they do, execute the above strategy, send them your waste/garbage/whatever, and problem solved! Imagine the potential impact if we did this nationally!

Talk about a solution for North American waste management. :cool:

10. Qoxiivi macrumors regular

Qoxiivi

Good stuff. I f***ing hate scammers too. They can all die for all I care - along with people who program spyware and adware. And people who deliberately walk into you with the intention of starting a fight. And people who waltz through a door you've just kindly held open for them without saying a word. And people who dump tons of paper in a dustbin when the recycle bin is just two steps away. Actually, I hate just about everyone really… except my family and a few close friends. Oh, and a really cute, genuine, funny, quirky and lovely girl I met a few weeks back and have started seeing. I like her :)

Sorry.

11. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

12. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Actually that story irritated me because they got SO CLOSE to actually observing the result of their countercscam but we were left hanging in the end....

13. ibook30 macrumors 6502a

ibook30

There was a service that (much like a floral delivery service) would send different types of poo to your not so loved ones. Prices varied, and types did too. I believe the most expensive was the elephant dung.

14. lucface thread starter macrumors regular

lucface

you guys should talk to eachother. that service is... dam, i guess its not working any more. it used to be doodoo.com. someone must have shut em down.