Crippy Duck, Wee Bee, or something else?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by niter, Jan 5, 2004.

1. niter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    Today is the first day it was really pouring outside that I needed to transport my iBook 12" to school. My iBook fits well in a leather messenger bag I have, but I did not want to take it out in the rain because of the chance of the leather spoiling and water getting through the top zippers (and spoiling the iBook).

I really like the style of the Crippy Duck and the WeeBee. I have a professional bag for conferences (my leather one), but I need a tough everyday bag and I want it to have some style too.

Does anyone have either bag. I am not a tiny gal (I am rather tall), so I want the bag to fit well with me. I need a bag that is waterproof, fits my computer, zip drive, external mouse, calculator, wallet, keys, cell phone, papers (but not a sick amount), and maybe a book from time to time. Okay, I will most likely have a book in it.

2. amnesiac1984 macrumors 6502a

Jun 9, 2002
    Hehe, I found that bag on the website for some reason. It was the first one to come up in google. Its designed for dyslexics so they spelt it wrong? Odd, I guess us dyslexics are allowed a sense of humour too. :)

(btw, i'm not actually sure if I'm dyslexic, I am being tested this term)

edit: oh yeah sorry never used that bag, is it really intended for dyslexic users? If so, why the hell do they/we need special computer bags?
  3. poopyhead macrumors 6502a

Jan 4, 2004
    in the toe-jam of greatness (Fort Worth)
    Timbuk2 makes some really nice messenger bags in lots of color choices and patterns. Samsonite has a line called Zab which is pretty nice depending on your own personal style. However, I'd recommend a Boblbee Megalopolis. I had one for about a year and a half until my girlfreind stole it, it simply kicks ass, hard shell, water resistent and shiny. It never fails to get positive comments or odd stares.
  4. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    I tend to prefer bags that are more vertical than wide. That is, I like the ones which are longer and have the longer lenght of the computer going vertically.
  5. shazammy macrumors member

Mar 22, 2004
    Did you end up getting a Crippy Duck or a WeeBee? I am in Sydney, Australia for six months for work, and I have absolutely fallen in love with all of the Crumpler bags. The local store here is just amazing. I ordered a Crippy Duck (orange) from a website in the States, but I won't get to use it until I'm back in April. What did you decide on?

6. KC9AIC macrumors 6502

Jan 31, 2004
    Tokyo, Japan or Longview, Texas
    I must say that computer bags were not what came to mind when I saw "Crippy Duck, Wee Bee, or something else?" I decline to comment on what I guessed this thread might be about.
  7. niter thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 9, 2003
    I ended up getting a $40 targus bag. I really wanted a crumpler but when I saw this bag I thought it might suffice until I could get one. It turned out to be everything I wanted and more and for cheap. A lucky find, I guess.