Critic: My Blog

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Glenn Wolsey, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Nov 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    Hey everyone, I'm just after some critic and advice on what could be changed/added/enhanced to make my blog more appealing visually.

Here's the URL:

Thanks in advance.
  2. Lau Guest

To be honest, it looks fine. It's neat and clean and easy to read, with a nice colour palette. People don't go to blogs for flashy graphics, they go for the content. As yours is nice looking and accessible, I wouldn't worry, to be honest. :)
  3. kretzy macrumors 604

Sep 11, 2004
    Canberra, Australia
    I agree with Lau. I think it looks really good as is, especially the colours you've chosen. :)
  4. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
    Just out of curiosity, why are you using Symphony and not something like WordPress or TextPattern...?
  5. Glenn Wolsey thread starter macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Nov 24, 2005
    New Zealand
    The designer/programmer recommend using Symphony because it's much more of a "bare bones" system. Very easy to customize and move around in. Plus, the CP looks amazing ;)
  6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

Jul 11, 2003
    NYC, or thereabouts
    I like the site alot -- clean, clear, and content already has some meat to it. Bravo! :) If only the balance of the web were so good! ;)

About Symphony, how "bare-bones" is it? I'm trying to put a website together now using Drupal, a program that looks like it has potential, but seems like it might be more trouble than it's worth. (I guess at US$0, I'm getting what I pay for!) It seems you have been able to do a really nice job with symphony -- how much PHP do you need to know?

I tried to check, but their online demo seems to be broken... :confused: Hardly auspicious!
  7. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    I think it's great. I wouldn't change anything.
  8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    Glenn, we're not being very helpful. I'm sorry about that. But it's for a good reason. Your blog looks great! Hopefully that helps...somehow. ;):D