Critic: My Blog

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by Glenn Wolsey, Jul 25, 2006.

1. Glenn Wolsey macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

Hey everyone, I'm just after some critic and advice on what could be changed/added/enhanced to make my blog more appealing visually.

Here's the URL: http://www.glennwolsey.com

Thanks in advance.

2. Lau Guest

To be honest, it looks fine. It's neat and clean and easy to read, with a nice colour palette. People don't go to blogs for flashy graphics, they go for the content. As yours is nice looking and accessible, I wouldn't worry, to be honest. :)

3. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I agree with Lau. I think it looks really good as is, especially the colours you've chosen. :)

4. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Just out of curiosity, why are you using Symphony and not something like WordPress or TextPattern...?

5. Glenn Wolsey thread starter macrumors 65816

Glenn Wolsey

The designer/programmer recommend using Symphony because it's much more of a "bare bones" system. Very easy to customize and move around in. Plus, the CP looks amazing ;)

6. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I like the site alot -- clean, clear, and content already has some meat to it. Bravo! :) If only the balance of the web were so good! ;)

About Symphony, how "bare-bones" is it? I'm trying to put a website together now using Drupal, a program that looks like it has potential, but seems like it might be more trouble than it's worth. (I guess at US$0, I'm getting what I pay for!) It seems you have been able to do a really nice job with symphony -- how much PHP do you need to know?

I tried to check symphony21.com, but their online demo seems to be broken... :confused: Hardly auspicious!

7. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

I think it's great. I wouldn't change anything.

8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Glenn, we're not being very helpful. I'm sorry about that. But it's for a good reason. Your blog looks great! Hopefully that helps...somehow. ;):D