Criticism "Schoolhouse-Rock" Style

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by srobert, Oct 15, 2004.

1. srobert macrumors 68020

srobert

Pretty decent ^_^ I'm not familiar with the background information but I have to give this guy credit for the medium he use to make his point.

(little cartoon)

http://www.piratesandemperors.com/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:D

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

A well done cartoon, but I think it oversimplifies things: you could make this argument against virtually any war. After all, isn't all killing bad? I guess it's better than oversimplifying the way Bush does: "Freedom is on the march!"

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

Too bad we can't ABC to put this on Saturday morning cartoons...

It maybe oversimplified, but is still very true IMO. You said "virtually any war", and that is the key. No one faults the US going to war after Pearl Harbor. Nor going in to Afghanistan after 9-11. In the end though we through policy do act more as pirates in our selective nature of "war". Never mind genocide in some African nation. Just support the dictator as long as we get their resources.

4. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

that was decently amusing. held my attention until the duck thing at the end.

the first part reminded me of:

It is criminal to steal a purse, daring to steal a fortune, a mark of greatness to steal a crown. The blame diminishes as the guilt increases. -- Johan Christoph Friedrich von Schiller, poet and dramatist (1759-1805)

5. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Yep, Freedom (Cue George Michael) has been excercised in Afghanistan... Well for a couple of hours anyway... until it became clear that the ink used to mark the hands of those who had already voted could be washed off quite easilly... at which point the fifteen candidates running against Karzai withdrew. So much for Democracy. I guess intrusting security to the Warlords might have been a bad idea.... Oops. :eek:

And let's not forget Iraq... where we've deposed a duly elected Despot and installed an apointed Despot who will be in power until about December 1st when W pulls out citing "mission accomplished". But of course we'll need to invade Iran first so we can withdraw under the rug of a new occupation.

So remember kids: A vote for Kerry is a vote for Ketchup alright but a vote for W is a vote for a global bloodbath on a scale never before seen in history. :D

No matter how horrible something is, if you say it often enough with a huge grin on your face folks will think it's just dandy. :D :D :D

(shudder) :( :eek:

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Considering we indirectly put Saddam in power, then pretty much helped keep him there... is anyone really surprised?