critique

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by janitorC7, Sep 24, 2006.

?

Do you like it

Poll closed Sep 29, 2006.
  1. It Rox

16.7%
  2. its pretty cool

16.7%
  3. its ok

33.3%
  4. ehhhhh

33.3%
  1. janitorC7 macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Ok, I'm designing ]this for a company, I have 2 pages done so far, but its a reasonable idea of what it will look like, so comments much appreciated, and how much do you think I should charge for this

http://fairwayreversemortgages.com/

Give me some ideas, improvements? changes????

Cooper
    Ceek

2. zarathustra macrumors 6502a

zarathustra

It's a bit bland - I like clean design, but there is a bit of a "clunkiness" to the font sizes.

There needs to be, in my oppinion, a better distinction between navigation/content area.

But the biggest thing that bugs me: the stock photo. I understand its probably an FPO image, but isn't a reverse mortgage a loan on the equity you have built up in a house you already own? If so, why would people be so happy over buying a house (no equity, unless you count any down payment)?

What i am trying to say, is that the image should say that you own a house, you have made payments, now you can take advantage of the equity in your house.

Anyway, hope that helps.

3. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

Well, for one thing, I wouldn't have the recap title towards the top of the overview page. A recap should be at the end of a page, not the beginning.

4. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

Thanks!!

Firstly, the stock photo is only there as a placeholder. The client has not selected the photo they want yet so I just put that up as a temp, if you look close you can see the watermark, I didnt buy it, so just temp while in design. As for your other comment, I agree 1000%, but they wanted to keep it with one main color, the target audiance is 65+ so he wanted to keep it simple. as for the text size, same reason. so if anybody has an idea of how I can make it better without sacrifcing the simplicity....

as for my how much should I charge question, I;m still not sure, this is without a doubt the most simple website that I have ever designed, I usually do work in the $700-$1,200 range, with databases, flash and all that, so I dont really know what to charge for this, any ideas any body

THANKS

Cooper
    Ceek

5. nightelf macrumors 6502

I would reduce the font size of the Nav on the top. Probably smaller and without the dots under them.

Don't use too many tables. Try to use standard tags like <h1>, <h3>, etc for titles. Its also easier to mantain with CSS.

I am not sure that Book Antigua will work on a PC, there is a list of "safe" fonts for HTML.

6. tominated macrumors 68000

tominated

7. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

ooooooo, thats right. I totally fergot about Book Antigua not working well on PC's...... Damn I hate thoes things. as for the tables, I'm using them because of a accessability thing I'm trying to program. its hard to explain

8. janitorC7 thread starter macrumors 6502a

janitorC7

oh thanks, didnt realize that. hmmmm strange 2