Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kyle121097

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2015
Hello I am new to this forum and I have been debating whether or not to ask this question online. I have a red 32GB iPod touch that I ordered last summer in June and ever since I've been pondering whether or not my home button is crooked on it. My peers seem to say it is while some say it isn't and I'm just looking at it too much.

Here is a close up picture and a farther away picture.
IMG_4594.JPG
IMG_4595.JPG
(Tried my best in taking a pic)

These pictures were taken on a completely level surface. So what are your thoughts? Should I take it into am Apple store? It's not too crooked if anything and I live in Rhode Island so the closest Apple store is an hour away from me in Providence and the only one in Rhode Island.

Thanks,
Kyle

Last edited:

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Yeah I'd take it into an Apple Store. Boy that crooked home button would bug me to no end. :oops:

kyle121097

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2015
Yeah I'd take it into an Apple Store. Boy that crooked home button would bug me to no end. :oops:
Would they fix it for free? I've only went to the Apple store once to fix a shattered back panel on the my iPhone 4s about 2 years ago, they fixed it for $30.

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Would they fix it for free? I've only went to the Apple store once to fix a shattered back panel on the my iPhone 4s about 2 years ago, they fixed it for $30.

Hey, sorry for my belated reply. Honestly there's absolutely no reason why they wouldn't fix it for free, providing it's still under warranty.

na1577

macrumors 6502a
Jan 20, 2008
I have no clue...maybe some eyes to read and some common sense may help?
And some less attitude would help you... but I digress.

I have two iPod touches sitting next to me and I see no difference between your photo and what I have right here. I hope you took this into the Apple Store and they laughed you out of the store, because complaining about a "defect" like this is a waste of everybody's time.

Reactions: fricotin

kyle121097

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2015
And some less attitude would help you... but I digress.

I have two iPod touches sitting next to me and I see no difference between your photo and what I have right here. I hope you took this into the Apple Store and they laughed you out of the store, because complaining about a "defect" like this is a waste of everybody's time.
Uh no? All I said in my main post was that I thought the home button might be crooked and wanted other people's opinions and clearly other people knew what I was talking about. In addition, I didn't even think it was worth it going to the Apple store to fix a minor defect like that. I said "It's not too crooked if anything", so how is that complaining? Not my fault you didn't know what I was talking about and coldly responded saying "I have no clue what I'm looking at" instead of maybe requesting me to clarify a little better for you since, again, other people knew what I was talking about.

And if I did bring it into the store then no I don't think your theory of their reaction would be true at all considering they want to keep their customers happy so we continue to buy their products.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.