Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
I have photogene and photoshop express ... Why is it that in both of these apps, when I crop a photo, it just "takes out" what I cropped, rather than centering in (and enlarging) what I want focused on?????

artd

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Isn't that what a crop should do? It "takes out" parts of the photo that you don't want and preserve the parts that you want to focus on. The cropped area is not enlarged, it's supposed to be the exact portion of the photo that you've cropped with the dimensions of the crop are that you have selected.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
but what if I want to "magnify" the cropped section? IOW, when I crop a picture from within my own digital camera, it does this.

artd

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
Well, I think that it doesn't actually "magnify" the selection, could be a thing of the viewer you are using to watch the cropped picture on the digital camera.
You can try the most simple crop using preview on the mac - open any photo, select an area and then go to tools->crop, you will see the it just preserves the selected area.

eroxx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
When I do it on my camera, it definitely takes the "cropped area" and then increases the size of the picture to what it was ... When I imported both the cropped and the regular camera version into my computer, it looked like the cropped picture was "zoomed in" ... How can I do this on iphone/ipad apps???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.