Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
PA
Hi. I am trying to make a folder that other users on my network (that are running XP) can put files in/etc. The iMac (Tiger 10.4.8) is on my Windows Workgroup. (I have my wireless network setup with the iMac and a few other Windows machines) I am using SharePoints to share the folder. In "My Network Places" on XP, I see my iMac G5 and double click it. The shared folder is listed as a network drive. When I double click on the folder I am trying to access, I get the message that it couldn't be found or I don't have access privelages blah blah. Can you guys see anything I'm doing wrong??:(

Thanks, Kevin

<Edit> The exact message I am getting is as followed:

----

\\Imac-g5\Test is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of the server to find out if you have access permissions.

The network path was not found.

[OK]

----
The "Imac-g5" is the share name I chose within SharePoints. I told SharePoints the directory of the folder is "/Users/Kevin/Desktop/Test".

Is the Windows XP machine looking for "\\Imac-G5\Test"? Obviously there is no such directory.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.