Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eyelight

macrumors member
Original poster
May 24, 2004
Just burned a CD for my igrlfriend who is going to a party tonight, and in the playlist, I crossfaded the tracks by 9 seconds and tried to carefully select tracks that ruan into each other well. I know it's only going to work well for some since the same crossfade is on the whole list, but this could be something that people will dance to.

Anyway, got it sounding pretty good and I burned the CD. now I find when I listen back to it on my stereo, that the crossfade isn't there. Does it just apply to playback on the computer, and not work when you burn a CD ?

Is there a way around this ?

Larry
15" PB 1.5Ghz

sgarringer

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2004
Cedar Rapids, IA
eyelight said:
Just burned a CD for my igrlfriend who is going to a party tonight, and in the playlist, I crossfaded the tracks by 9 seconds and tried to carefully select tracks that ruan into each other well. I know it's only going to work well for some since the same crossfade is on the whole list, but this could be something that people will dance to.

Anyway, got it sounding pretty good and I burned the CD. now I find when I listen back to it on my stereo, that the crossfade isn't there. Does it just apply to playback on the computer, and not work when you burn a CD ?

Is there a way around this ?

Larry
15" PB 1.5Ghz

Crossfade only works for tracks played back on the computer. It doesn't effect the tracks as burned to CD.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.