crossing tthe border with an ipod

Discussion in 'Community' started by rock6079, Aug 8, 2004.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

Jan 6, 2004
    yesterday i decided to tkae a little trip to buffalo (crossing over the border from toronto) and before i passed the border i had to go into customs and get a green slip for my ipod and a few other electronics so that i didn't have to worry about clearing them on the way back.

the customs officer looked through all of my stuff and finally when he got to the ipod, even though the serial number was on the screen ( since i ventured into the about menu) he kindly asked me to take it out of the case. so without hesitation i did.

(on a side note, if any other person had asked me to take my ipod out of the case and hold it and didnt have the power to arrest me there would have been no chance in that)

so i hesitantly watched the guy fondle my ipod and sat there nervously watching him look it over for about 30 seconds..

then he dropped the questions.. "so how many songs can this thing hold?"

about 4000 i responded "how much did it set you back? you know i've been wanting to get one of thse myself".

lol so as it turns out the customs guy just wanted to a get a feel of my ipod haha.. i thought that was a funfny story ..

on another not i visited the apple store in buffalo, saw a lot of the new products first hand forthe first time, including the mini..

new displays- beautiful
    mini- absolutely amazing (i just wish they could hold my 30+ GB of music
    4G ipod - also pretty cool but i think i wuold have liked it more if the scroll wheel wasnt gray, or maybe just a lighter gray, oh well still awsome.
  2. acceber macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    I have an iPod and they are THE hottest things in Australia at the moment. Everybody's gotta have one, or you're just not cool. :cool:
  3. appleguy macrumors 6502

Aug 23, 2002
    Auckland, NZ
    Might I just point out even an iPod cant make Australians Cool.
    Exp if they cheat in rugby matches.
    The best thing about Australia is that its only 3 hours to get to New Zealand
  4. wdlove macrumors P6

Oct 20, 2002
    My impression of Australians is that they are very kind people. They did a good job with the olympics a few years back.