Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Simmikolon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 20, 2014
Hi,

my name is Simon Kemper and I am an iOS/Mac Developer currently working on my newest project - a Mac OS X only Crossword Puzzle Game. It's very simple but also very addictive. The game starts with the crossword being cut to pieces. The player has to put these pieces back together which forms the crossword at the end.

The game is almost done and I am currently not pretty sure how the impact will be for a mac os x game so I am asking for any help/advice/feedback about the game, the idea and I am asking for sharing thoughts about mac os x gaming, market chances and your experiences - if this may apply.

My plan is to release this game on the MAS at a price of 0.99$ - Full content - No IAPs - no pay to win, etc.

I am attaching a video which shows the game in Action. It's a screen recording from an iOS version of the game. But while developing the game there have been plenty of games which had the same idea - and were very popular btw - so I planned to switch to Mac Os only.

The engine however is based on my framework and is both iOS/OS X compatible.

I appreciate any help, feedback I can get. Even just a "No" or "Yes". But please just the game - I am having some marketing experiences and marketing will be a different story - I am just after the first impression -

Thanks,

Simon

PS.: The Game-Content is currently in german. Will change that to english later on but I'm pretty sure you get the idea behind it!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.