crsud ?

Discussion in 'OS X' started by macrumorino, Mar 15, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Dec 25, 2007
    Anyone know what this does? Google does not seem to know about it...
  2. macrumors P6

Jan 23, 2005
    Where are you seeing that? I have never heard of it. :confused:
  3. macrumors 604

Aug 9, 2009
    Google finds one other hit for crsud, on a thread at If you're the one who started that other thread, you should just wait to see if you get any answers.

If you need detailed security information, you should wait for Apple to post the security info for the update:

Linked from:

If you need to know everything about the security changes to an OS update, you shouldn't be the first one applying it. Wait a few days, maybe even a week, to let others work out the initial issues, and for Apple to update its docs.

If I had to guess what crsud is, it would be a daemon (the 'd' at the end) possibly involved in certificate revocation (the 'cr' at the start). But that's just a wild-ass guess, which is probably all anyone's going to have until Apple updates its security docs. Even then, Apple may not spell out exactly what daemons it's added.
  4. thread starter macrumors regular

Dec 25, 2007
    That makes two of us... I just did the security update that we're all supposed to do, and little snitch told me about this thing trying to contact some sites on apple's domain.
  5. macrumors P6

Jan 23, 2005
    There are more posts in the thread chown33 found that seems to shed some light on this. Looks like part of the 10.6 and 10.7 security patch.
  6. macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2010
    Planet Earth
    crsud is definitely related to security updates

After reading all of this thread, I went to the System Preferences and unchecked the "Automatically install important security updates" in the general pane of the Security panel. Then I checked this option again and Little Snitch immediately gave the "crsud wants to connect to" notification. I've tried this several times, so it is certain.

Of course this doesn't tell us what Apple is really up to...