crt imac to $499 by 2003?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Jul 2, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i have seen some good beginner 1 ghz+ celeron computers in office depot and circuit city for five bills...hard to beat...and after rebate, one can get a 15" crt, too

i think apple should bring their crt imacs down to $499 with cd-rom option to counter these cheaply priced pc desktops...those five hundred dollar pc desktops are flying out of the stores and sales like that can help apple and spread the gospel of os x

the emac, like i mentioned in another thread, should come down to $999

same with the cd-rom option 12" inch ibook...some posters asked for a $999 ibook for mwsf 2002!

it could all be done in 2003, hopefully...i mean, something has to be done to get apple's stock up...they are a business, not a non-profit!

some experts say that the funk in the silicon valley in northern california is lifting and companies like ebay are being taken seriously as if they were a brick and mortar (almost)
    ;)

2. job macrumors 68040

job

I wish Apple would introduce a "consumer" tower. A tower that is not as fast as the pro lineup, but still has all of the expandabiliy. The only thing holding me off from purchasing an eMac is the notable lack of expansion options available to me.