crt moniter?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nanc, Nov 6, 2005.

1. nanc macrumors member

ok i am a 15 year old kid with a 1.42 mac mini and a horrible moniter that i can not stand anymore. now i want to get a new one but a good quality lcd is out of my price range. so my question is what is a good 19 inch crt moniter in the pric range of 200 to 250?

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

CRT's generally have dropped out of site in the reviews, and many manufacturers have stopped making glass tube monitors. Here is the last roundup of large CRTs at PCWorld.
    http://www.pcworld.com/reviews/article/0,aid,113753,00.asp

In general, Viewsonic, NEC/Mitsubishi, Sony, and Samsung are brands you can trust, however there is variability in quality between the top and low end models of each brand.

3. nanc thread starter macrumors member

what would be a good moniter period lcd or crt in the 200 to 300 range? i am using it for basic needs and some video editing

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

The stoopid buy.com site spends all its time downloading ads and doesnt execure the Detail link on the monitor.

If I remember correctly, the bottom end AL1914B Acer 19" does not have a DVI input. Acer site

You really want a DVI connection for a LCD, it is noticibly sharper.

Read the fine print as well, even those with DVI connections often don't include the DVI cable, so there's an extra $20 - 30

6. Mhaddy macrumors 6502

Mhaddy

Or if you are so inclined, head on over to eBay to pick up that DVI cable. I was shopping around (in Canada) and can find a DVI cable for ~$20 + 15% tax; I just won an auction for a 7ft DVI cable for $6 + $3 shipping. I'm hoping that I do see a noticeable difference going from VGA -> DVI on my 17" LCD.