CRT stand?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jrv3034, Nov 3, 2003.

1. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Hello again. Just a quick thought: Where can I buy a nice looking, cheap stand for a 22" CRT monitor? I mean sort of a little shelf to lift the monitor up from the desk, leaving more room under it for other stuff, like hard disks, MiniDV editing deck, that sort of thing. It would have to be 28 inches in length or shorter to fit on my desk. Anyone have any good leads? I'm thinking $20 more or less.

Thanks!

2. dieselg4 macrumors regular

dieselg4

if you know anybody in construction . . .

A construction comapny i was recently at had all their monitors lifted up on about 14" sections of a really big rolled steel c-channel, that was hot dip galvanized. Looked way cool, especially for a contruction co., and would certainly hold a 22" crt. You could alwys paint it instead of galvanizing.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

4. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

5. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

any office supply store or catalogue should carry several, generally inexpensive (in your price range). the catalogue at work has probably 2 dozen, some with keyboard trays underneath, some with drawers, some on arms, etc. the arm ones are the coolest because you can just float the display around. of course, an LCD is better, it's like a giant iMac :) but the cheapest ones are just a shelf that raises the display, giving you the space underneath...

pnw