CRUCIAL! help needed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ElGros, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ElGros macrumors newbie

Hey... I spilled some Amaretto coffee on my iBook G4... on the keyboard and the screen. As for the keyboard, none of it went into the computer past the keyboard, but there was some between the screen frame and the LCD. It seems to be all dried up, but my keyboard has some sticky keys... My screen is functioning normally, and also seems to be dry. So, is there any danger that this spill could cause long-term damage to my computer? and... how do I clean my keyboard?
    Thanks for any help... please email me or MSN me... swordfish_designs@hotmail.com

2. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Hopefully you turned off the computer after that happened (if it was on). Clean it the best you can and let it dry for about 2 days or so to ensure it has completely dried. :)

4. ElGros thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, as a matter of fact, I did not turn it off... I know, smack me for that. but its running fine, not heating anywhere its not supposed to, the only thing is, a few keys are sticky (as in get stuck down when typed). so, how do I clean that?

5. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

Well, moist but not wet cloth - you can also pop off the keys I believe (Don't quote me on it, I know you used to be able to on the TiBooks - can anyone confirm?) Don't try it unless someone else vouches for that.

You can also order a new keyboard if you can't make do with the sticky feeling.

Whenever I've spilt anything on a keyboard, I usually geta cocktail stick and a cloth and try and clean it! Good luck!