CRUCIAL makes NO sense with this one!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by kwajaln, Dec 23, 2005.

1. kwajaln macrumors 6502

Sep 18, 2004
    I'm going to max out my RAM with another 1GB stick from Crucial. On their website is a promotion that gives buyers of eligible products a free Official King Kong computer game. Crucial is a very easy-to-use website - you choose Apple, your model, and it shows you the compatible RAM choices. Well the 1GB stick for my APPLE iMac G5 is listed as being one of those products to get a free King Kong video game. I noticed the only catch as I was checking out and noticed in my cart that the game is PC only!!! :confused:
    "Manufacturer system requirements:
    Supported operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® 98SE/ME/2000/XP (only) "
  2. adrian-cg macrumors member

Sep 17, 2005
    Well then they saved you from buying one Christmas gift.
  3. dubbz macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2003
    Alta, Norway
    Heh :rolleyes:

I guess you could sell it or something. Or a xmas gift as adrian-cg suggested.
  4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

Jul 28, 2003
    Citizens Bank Park
    Makes perfect sense to me. The game probably is only available for PC. If they didn't give the game at all to Mac users they'd complain that it was unfair that PC users got a gift and they didn't. Mac RAM is probably just a small portion of their sales. It would not make sense for them arrange another give away just for Mac users.
  5. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    Well in that case, just install it on your work PC and play it during your lunch break or something. That is if you don't want to give it to someone else as a gift. ;) :)