crucial memory any good?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by likosoad, Aug 13, 2006.

1. likosoad macrumors member

Jul 21, 2005
    Hi I'm thinking about bying some extra ram for my pb 17. I live in belguim, has anyone outisde america ever had problems with the shipping or woth ram itself from crucial. Or maybe you can recommend a better service then crucial.
  2. uchuff macrumors member

Mar 25, 2006
    I have bought RAM from Crucial UK before with no problems at all, fast turnaround in my experience. When I was looking for RAM (2x1GB) for my Macbook they were pretty pricey though.
  3. macenforcer macrumors 65816

Jun 9, 2004
  4. Jowl macrumors 6502

Apr 13, 2006
    I always buy from crucial.

Their Customer service is the best I've had...certainly in the computer industry.

I've 1 lot of faulty Ram in the years I've bought from them...and I've bought LOTS!
  5. Unorthodox macrumors 65816

Mar 3, 2006
    Not at the beach...
    Crucial is the official RAM supplier for MacRumors members.
  6. yoak macrumors 65816

Oct 4, 2004
    Oslo, Norway
    I live in Norway and bought RAM online from Crucial in the US for my ibook. Very happy with the RAM. Now I can get it here though, but it arrived very fast from the US.
  7. likosoad thread starter macrumors member

Jul 21, 2005
    Thanks for all the help guys, the order is on the way
  8. crazycat macrumors 65816

Dec 5, 2005
    Can someone help me buy some MacPro RAM from Crucial? i cant see a macpro option.
  9. Cowinacape macrumors regular

Jul 3, 2006
    Surrey B.C. Canada
    I believe that their MacPro ram is not ready for sale yet, due to heat issues if I remember correctly.

To the original poster, I have ordered from Crucial in the past, never a problem with the products or the service, and super fast shipping to Canada, 2nd day! Great service all around.
  10. Mr. Mister macrumors 6502

Feb 15, 2006
    Crucial is designing RAM that includes heatsinks built to the types of heatsinks used on Apple-included RAM for silent operation. Stop spreading FUD about non-two-pound-heatsink'd RAM "overheating"; if it overheated, they wouldn't sell it. :rolleyes: It's just designed to not break the Apple-provided luxury of slow fan speeds; third party RAM without gigantic heatsinks will work just fine, but your system will say "hey, it's getting hot in here" and crank the fans up a notch to compensate, but no burning silicon should result.