Crucial memory for new 12" iBook.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Avance, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Avance macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2004
  2. hotwire132002 macrumors 65816

Jan 24, 2004
    Cadillac, MI
    Looks like the second one on your list is what you need. Can someone back me up on this?

On a side note, I'm typing this on my 1Ghz iBook--which has a stick of 256MB no-name RAM that I had laying around in it. The system works perfectly--no trouble or issues. What I'm saying is, I think you're fine with any of them (except maybe the 333Mhz one--it might be too fast for the iBook to handle).
  3. alywa macrumors 6502

May 6, 2004
    iBook Memory

It looks like the third one is right to me. However, I found crucial to be really expensive when I was upgrading my wife's iBook... I went with, and bought a 512mb stick of samsung memory... I expect it here in a day or two. I'll let you know how it works, if you like.

It was like $40 cheaper. I've used crucial in the past, and have always been satisfied, but cost was rather outrageous in this case. Let's see if I'm happy with my choice. ;)

4. cluthz macrumors 68040

Jun 15, 2004
    The specs has to be atleast pc2100 sodimm.

All the modules will work in you ibook
  5. numark macrumors member

Jul 24, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    You might want to read this thread before buying anything. It might save you some money based on how Crucial's site and cookies work.
  6. Avance thread starter macrumors newbie

Oct 20, 2004
    Okay, I'll go for the cheapest then...

The "64Meg x 64" spec. has no influence?

alywa -> Here in Denmark a 512MB Samsung stick cost about 50$ more :cool:

.oO Rune Oo.