Crucial RAM

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by madamimadam, Feb 17, 2002.

1. madamimadam macrumors 65816

Jan 3, 2002
    Can someone explain Crucial RAM for me? Eg. what is it, how is it better, what does it cost, if good does anyone know of an Aussie reseller.
  2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

Oct 4, 2001
    Natick, MA
    Crucial is the reseller of the memory... just like most stores both online and retail. To my knowledge, there are only a few memory makers out there. Kingston is one.

Check out the speed rating, PC level (PC100, 133 etc) and such when making a decision. I always aim for CL2 222 speed rating.

I would only purchase memory from places that have a return policy that can be understood.

I am actually having a little issue with one of the memory chips I picked up yesterday for my TiBook. I have sent the salesman two email messages about it, and expect to hear from him tomorrow to see how we are going to proceed. The problem I have, is that the chip will not lock down flat in the upper slot. The lower slot locks no problem, but not the upper. This wouldn't be so much of an issue, except that it is making the keyboard have too much bounce in the area around the memory. Since I will be using this laptop for a couple of years to come, I want it to be as I want for that time frame.