Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

freddy11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
I just did a search for a coupon code to use when ordering from Crucial. It turned up the one I remembered seeing. It is dated last Sept. Any idea if it is still valid?

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Toeknee said:
Yeah OWC has the 1GB stick at $294.99. Its dropped in the past couple months. Ive been using OWC RAM for a while and its of great quality.

I opted to go with the Samsung memory 1gb at $359 since it is said that this is the memory that Apple uses.

freddy11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2003
Twin Cities, Minnesota
Thanks for the info guys. Another question if I may. I have a 17" imac 1ghz and I am wondering if anybody has actually put a gig stick of ram in theirs. I see that transintl's site says that you can. But crucial still says 1 gig total. Just wondering. Thanks.

micvog

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2003
SilentPanda said:
Nope... tried that this morning... invalid.

FYI... BBUSERGROUP was the right code and it worked for me in late May. Crucial must have deactivated it since. :mad:

Toeknee

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
freddy11 said:
Thanks for the info guys. Another question if I may. I have a 17" imac 1ghz and I am wondering if anybody has actually put a gig stick of ram in theirs. I see that transintl's site says that you can. But crucial still says 1 gig total. Just wondering. Thanks.

Yeah according to MacTracker you are able to put a 1gig stick in the iMac, it should be able to hold 1.5 GB. I say go ahead and put in the stick :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.