Crumpler Embarrassment series - any Macbook Pro owners?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Westside guy, Nov 10, 2006.

1. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Hi folks,

I just bought a 15" Macbook Pro, and am looking to buy a new bag for it. Since I'm quite happy with my other Crumpler bags, I have narrowed my choice down to either the Considerable Embarrassment (CE) or the Dreadful Embarrassment (DE). My preference is the smaller of the two - the CE - but I'm not sure the laptop sleeve will fit my Macbook Pro.

So are any of you fellow MBP owners using either of these bags? Any feedback on sizing? Unfortunately no place around here (that I know of anyway) stocks these bags; otherwise I'd just go check it myself.

Thanks for your help!

(And yes, I am glad some of you really love your Booq, Timbuk2, etc. bags - but I truly am only interested in the Crumpler bags) :D

2. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

Posting a follow-up, in case anyone else finds this thread while looking for the same info I was...

I found a local (Seattle) store that carries the Considerable Embarrassment - Glazer's Camera Supply. They let me walk in with my laptop and try it out. Bottom line is the 15" Macbook Pro does NOT fit in the Crumpler Considerable Embarrassment bag. It's not even close.

So, looks like I'll be ordering the Dreadful Embarrassment today, in all likelihood.

3. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

Thanks for the info - I was considering the crumpler bag for my MBP, but was having the same debate.. It says online that the CE should fit up to 15" laptops, but I was looking at the sleeve's dimensions, and I could tell that it wouldn't. I guess they meant it could carry the 15" inside the main compartment?

If you do order the DE, please post how much bigger it is/seems than the CE you saw in store. I don't want a massive bag just to carry around my laptop and a couple of notebooks.. which is my hesitation of ordering the DE.

4. Westside guy thread starter macrumors 601

Westside guy

I'll try to post some pictures as soon as I get it.

My hope is this'll finally be the sweet spot I'm looking for; but I won't really know until I've used it for several months. :D

I started out with the humongous Crumpler "Very Busy Man", which in many ways was a great bag but ended up being too big and bulky for the stuff I wanted to carry. Then I swung completely to the other end with their "McBain's Lovechild" - basically is a glorified laptop sleeve plus a pocket. That was very nice for carrying around; but I'm constantly overstuffing the external pocket.

FYI I suspect the problem is the Macbook Pro being actually 15.4 inches and widescreen. It's possible that an equally thin truly 15" laptop (that's not widescreen) would fit in the sleeve... but definitely it'd be very tight.