Crumpler laptop bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Vixus, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Vixus macrumors newbie

Sep 8, 2004
    Hi, I'm currently looking into purchasing myself a Crumpler laptop bag but I'm still not quite sure which size is for me. I still go to school and I need to bring my laptop, one notebook and maybe even my lunch :D . I have a new 15" Powerbook G4 but I'm not sure if I should be getting the Crumpler Very Busy Man or the Wack-O-Phone. I heard that the new 15" in the Wack-O-Phone is a very tight fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. debroglie macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Philadelphia, PA
    I don't have a 15in PB, I have the 12in so I can't help you there. However, I do love my wack-o-phone and wouldn't think about going any larger. There is definately a lot of space for what you would need. You just need to figure out whether or not your PB will fit in the sleeve
  3. toaster_oven macrumors regular

Jun 7, 2003
    not sure
    i have the "very-busy-man" and it is great... definitely big enough for a 15", plus a lunch, change of clothes, some books, and anything else you can fit in there. I got it a couple years ago... are they still advertizing how many pints of beer it can hold?

the downside is that it has a ton of pockets, so if you tend to forget things like me, you might find stuff you crammed into a zipper pocket a couple months later (like chocolate - but it cleans pretty easily).

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

Oct 15, 2003
    The soggy side of the Pacific NW
    15" will fit in the Very Busy Man with room to spare. LOTS of room. :D

For a more minimal bag, get the XL version of McBain's Lovechild (another Crumpler bag). It's basically a glorified sleeve with an extra pocket. Note that size matters - the XL is the only one that'd fit the 15" (it's not a tight fit, but I wouldn't want to try putting the 17" in there!

I have both bags, and like 'em both.