Crumpler laptop bag

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Vixus, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Vixus macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm currently looking into purchasing myself a Crumpler laptop bag but I'm still not quite sure which size is for me. I still go to school and I need to bring my laptop, one notebook and maybe even my lunch :D . I have a new 15" Powerbook G4 but I'm not sure if I should be getting the Crumpler Very Busy Man or the Wack-O-Phone. I heard that the new 15" in the Wack-O-Phone is a very tight fit. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Vixus

2. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I don't have a 15in PB, I have the 12in so I can't help you there. However, I do love my wack-o-phone and wouldn't think about going any larger. There is definately a lot of space for what you would need. You just need to figure out whether or not your PB will fit in the sleeve

3. toaster_oven macrumors regular

i have the "very-busy-man" and it is great... definitely big enough for a 15", plus a lunch, change of clothes, some books, and anything else you can fit in there. I got it a couple years ago... are they still advertizing how many pints of beer it can hold?

the downside is that it has a ton of pockets, so if you tend to forget things like me, you might find stuff you crammed into a zipper pocket a couple months later (like chocolate - but it cleans pretty easily).

-TO

4. Westside guy macrumors 601

Westside guy

15" will fit in the Very Busy Man with room to spare. LOTS of room. :D

For a more minimal bag, get the XL version of McBain's Lovechild (another Crumpler bag). It's basically a glorified sleeve with an extra pocket. Note that size matters - the XL is the only one that'd fit the 15" (it's not a tight fit, but I wouldn't want to try putting the 17" in there!

I have both bags, and like 'em both.