Crumpler Padding/Protection

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by arvinsd, Dec 20, 2006.

1. arvinsd macrumors newbie

Dec 17, 2006
    Hey all,

I'm looking for a sleek bag for my daily commutes. I have a 15' MBP.

Two crumpler products have caught my eye
    1) The Skivvy
    2) The Luncheon

I don't have much to carry besides the MBP, power cord, couple of documents and some pens, so I'm not worried about storage space.

Rather, I'm concerned whether the padding provided is sufficient; doesn't have to be bullet proof, but I'd like it to afford 'good' protection. Does anyone know? How does it compare to, say, the Embarrassment or Part or Parcel series?

I wouldn't mind getting the Part or Parcel if it wasn't so big; does it look 'smaller' with less stuff in it?

Thanks all!
  2. Cloudgazer macrumors 6502

Apr 22, 2005
    I don't know about those tow specific Crmpler products.

But I have the Gimp sleeve and BaseToucher backpack.

And the protection is excellent.
    My powerbook is well-padded, and I think nothing of dropping it to the ground.
    I also commute daily on a scooter more than 30kms a day through wind, rain and scorching heat, and the backpack remains totally waterproof.
    (better than my rain suit)

Basedd on my experience, anything by Crumpler should be excellent.
  3. rdp5008 macrumors regular

Jun 23, 2006
    I have a crumpler Part and Parcel laptop bag that I have used only twice (since switched back to backpack style). It's for sale if you are interested. It says it holds a 15" laptop.

I have always heard good things about Crumpler, and the bag seems to be very well padded in the space for the laptop.