Crumpler School Hymn or Shinza Zero Shock

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by tmart, Oct 8, 2004.

1. tmart macrumors newbie

I finally took the plunge and bought a 15" powerbook. BTW thanks for all of the input I received in prior posts. Now I just have to protect it. I think I've narrowed it down to the either the School Hymn or the Zero Shock, but I'm looking for some opinions from some who may own these 2 sleeves. Also if there are any other sleeves/cases that you can recommend please let me know. Thanks

2. kidA macrumors regular

i have the school hymn and i really like it because it's really tough. it's actually like a hard shell and really protects the notebook. they are kind of expensive though.
    i don't know much about the shinza zero shock, but i considered that one too. the reason i went with the school hymn was that it was sold in a store and i could actually see it before buying and see how tough it was. the shinza is only available online. plus the school hymn was on sale.

so there's that.

3. tmart thread starter macrumors newbie

4. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Tucano SecondSkin

Available exculsively at Outpost.com in the United States.

I have owned 2, for 2 different computers. They are by far the best sleevecase out there.

5. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

I have a a Shinza Zeroshock and it is THE best laptop sleeve I have ever seen. The material thats in it is the same as those temperpedic matresses that absorbs impact. Its pretty thin which is great because it doesn't make the laptop bulky at all, and you have to really push on it to make any sort of indentation at all on the inside. Let me put it this way, I have no problem throwing my $3000 laptop in a bag with cords, pens, and hefty books when its in the Zeroshock.

Hands down the best $30 I have ever spent. :D

6. bonehead macrumors regular

Zeroshock

I have the Zeroshock for my 15"PB and it is great.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

If you are looking for a sleeve for your powerbook try teh tucano second skin!
    Is greeeat! :D

8. bobpensik macrumors regular

i have been trying to get my hands on one of these for a LONG time! and when i finally found a place that would ship to Canada (without charging more for shipping then the cost of the skin!! http://www.d-compute.com) i ordered it and have been waiting since August 30th for its arrival!!!

9. manosira macrumors member

manosira

I have the school hymn, and its great. I don't know about the other one, but the school hymn is durable, safe, secure and it's stylish, just like my powerbook.

10. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

You can order from it a store IN Canada that will be a better price overall as there won't be any duties on it. tryout www.storeos.com thats where i got my crumpler. I got my item inside of 35 days.

cheers
    m

11. bobpensik macrumors regular

Yea i have seen this place however i was talking about a place that sells the Tucano Second Skin to Canadian residents!

12. mattroberts macrumors regular

mattroberts

sorry. I was still on about the Crumpler hymn stuff :rolleyes: