Crumpler "The Luncheon" bag + 17" MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by shecky, Oct 27, 2006.

1. shecky Guest

May 24, 2003
    Obviously you're not a golfer.
    i have been searching threads left and right on here and cannot find what i am looking for. i like this Crumpler bag The Luncheon (even with the velcro) (also here) but it looks like it will be a couple of inches too short to fit the 17" MBP. anyone have any experience with bag? will it fit, even if not perfectly?

or perhaps a better question, anyone have a recommendation on a bag thats similar to this for a 17 MBP? i do not want a huge bag i can fit my whole life into, just the laptop, couple of books, mouse and ac adapter. i was looking at the waterfield sleevecase + piggyback,. but i already have some of their stuff and want something a bit different. i also like the vertical orientation of the crumpler bag. i prefer something not black and conservative either.

2. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
    Try They have a 17in Laptop sleeve and various sizes of messenger bags and other bags in almost infinte color combos. I can tell you the sleeve itself is worth buying on its own.
  3. DickArmAndHarT macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2004
    dude, get a crumpler

I have two crumpler bags, a wickey and cox and a messenger bag. I use the messenger bag for high school when all i need is some food/2 notebooks and laptop, and i use the backpack for everything else. The make of the crumpler is unmatched, and i get questions about the bag all the time and im floored by there comfortable fit and superb design. The only problem is, unless you live near NYC there is no store to try them out, choosing online is difficult, but with enough research im sure they have a bag perfect for your needs. If you get a crumpler designated laptop bag, they sit that size laptop, perfectly, but anything else is awkward or doesnt fit, do what they say and configure it to your needs, and youll have a lifelong bombb ass bag!
  4. Mr B macrumors member

Mr B

Oct 16, 2006
    Washington DC
    I have a 15" arriving (hopefully next week). I'm in the mad hunt for a bag too. The Crumpler's look great, just would like to see them in person or hear more about them. Does the protective sleeve in the Crumpler bags come out or is it permanent inside the bag? And Crumpler > Timbuktu and Brenthaven?