Crushed my iBook...how likely is it that Safeware will repair it?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by realmcenter, Feb 8, 2007.

1. realmcenter macrumors member

Early this morning just as I was about to go to bed I forgot that I had left my laptop out, instead of stashing it under the bed, and unfortunately found out after I heard the crunch. The LCD is fractured in multiple places and the lid doesn't sit right, but the machine still turns on.

I had bought Safeware insurance for it a year and a half ago and renewed it 6 months ago, although the iBook was being turned into a secondary computer since I switched back to my desktop. I'm hoping they can simply repair the unit, but given how expensive LCD replacements are in laptops, and that the iBook G4 is a discontinued unit, I'm not sure if they will. I'd rather keep this unit since the battery life and wireless reception are just excellent in it, not to mention it runs very cool and quiet, and don't really want to deal with shortened battery life and heat issues in a MacBook, not to mention having it run my PPC apps slower than the iBook.

Does anyone here have any experience with a similar situation with SafeWare? How likely are they do repair that kind of damage, versus just giving a check for the amount of the unit or coverage?

2. Nuc macrumors 6502a

Nuc

Sorry I don't have any experience with SafeWare. But look at the contract you got. If it covers accidental damage then your covered.

Nuc

Edit: Let us know how your experience with them is. I might need something like this in the future.

3. logandzwon macrumors 6502a

I belive he is asking if they will repair it or write if off

4. mick4394 macrumors 6502a

mick4394

If they upgrade you to a Macbook, consider yourself lucky. You will quickly find that your apprehension about the Macbook is, for the most part, unfounded.

5. JB123 macrumors newbie

New service center

Hey,

I had problems with some of my laptops going to the Laptop Guy, but Safeware switched alost all of their repairs for Apple to Complete Tablet Solutions (CTS). I have had nothing but good luck with them.

They are quicker and do a better quality repair.

Safeware is a life saver. I had one student's laptop that fell out of their back pack and it was demolished! Safeware covered it though.

Good luck !