Crying while eating

Discussion in 'Community' started by Doctor Q, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

cryingwhileeating.com

Example:
    Chris

What he's eating: A mayonnaise and hot sauce sandwich

What he's crying about: Failed to fill out the right form​
    What th'?

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I don't know.....what in the.........

I guess this is "humor."

3. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Attention crying eaters: They let you submit your own clips too.

And if that's not good enough for you, there's also oldmencrying.com.

4. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Notice how only the Q man (Can I call you "the Q man?") finds these sites :p

5. Guitarius macrumors 6502a

Guitarius

If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's part of an Alternate Reality Game. You know, like I Love Bees. I used to play those when I get bored. I could be wrong though. I probably am. Its probably just random internet stupidity.

6. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

Our resident "wierd-tracker" iGav, hasn't been around so much lately, Dr.Q is filling in admirably.

That said, that is the oddest use of server space I have ever seen.

7. deanbo macrumors regular

Crying While Eating

Didn't know it was possible to both at the same time.

8. dubbz macrumors 68020

dubbz

This site was a Awful Link of the Day once, on Something Awful. It's just weird. :rolleyes:

9. noaccess macrumors 6502

OMG that is hillarious! Isn't laughing at someone who is crying & eating at the same time fun? This should be admitted as treatment for clinical depression.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

You might wanna see a professional about that one buddy. ;)

11. efoto macrumors 68030

I don't think it physically is possible. I think you can eat between onslaughts of tears, but at the exact same time I am not so sure. It is kind of like taking a sh**, you can either sh** or urinate, however both at the same time....I'm not so sure :rolleyes:

Definitely a waste of server space....oh well, whatever floats someone's boat I guess.

12. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Hmm... having eaten the suicide hot chicken wings at the Anchor Bar in Buffalo with tears simultaneously running down my cheeks, I'm prepared to say it's possible to give the appearance of eating and sobbing at the same time.

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Truly odd site...

But I guess someone had to make the repository for the people who have the most time on their hands and nothing to do.....

D

14. efoto macrumors 68030

True for appearance, however those tears are not spurred by emotion (well perhaps) but rather a physical reaction to your consumption of said hot substance, causing your eyes to water. The same thing happens to my noise...runs and feels stuffy when eating really hot foods. I don't think it really counts as crying though....I could be wrong since it is coming from the tear ducts I assume, but I still don't believe it :p

15. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I know somebody who fainted after eating really hot peppers. And he's somebody who routinely likes and eats hot peppers. He just met his match on that one. No tears, he said, just a burning sensation and then plop!

16. feakbeak macrumors 6502a

feakbeak

My nose runs when I eat hot (spicy) food too. It also runs when I have hot (temperature) soup. It is rather annoying but still worth it for some hot buffalo wings or a good bowl of steaming-hot soup!

Perhaps we should start a website: runnynosewhileeating.com :rolleyes:

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I'm not convinced by the sincerity of the crying. Just seems very odd. A person sad enough to cry would not be thinking about eating. The acting just isn't convincing IMHO.

18. efoto macrumors 68030

You pay for the domain registration and I'll host it alongside my current site. Well, actually no....I won't, but I commend the idea. It has potential for those with FAAAAAARRRRRRRR to much time on their hands, like the 'crying while eating' folks. Perhaps you can pitch it to them, then sell the idea and put the money to a better cause....like buying out the site from them and deleting it for good! :p

I think that is what is supposed to be funny. Personally I fully agree with you, not only do they not look remotely sad but they don't, save for a few rare cases, even look like they are anywhere close to crying. In probably 60%+ they look closer to laughter than tears. I guess I am out of the loop of what real humor is.

19. mac-er macrumors 65816

Why am I the only one more weirded out by what he is eating?

I mean hot sauce and mayo...together? With nothing else? :)

20. efoto macrumors 68030

Probably because you are the only taking enough time to notice details like that. You should either be commended for your attention to detail or ex-communicated for you interest in the site :p

I sped-read roughly one quarter of the content, and once I realized that it was getting neither funnier nor more intellectual, I left quite rapidly.

21. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

certainly has the 'wtf' factor, but not much more.

scem0