Crystal Balls & Old Diaries

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by mpw, Jul 19, 2006.

1. mpw Guest

Are you now where you thought you would be 5years ago? If not what stopped you getting there and has it gone better or worse than you thought it would?

Looking ahead, where do you think you’ll be in 5years from now? (Realistically barring winning the lotto or getting hit by a bus)

Does where you’re headed scare, worry, excite or bore you? Would you change it if you could and why can’t/don’t you?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Dude, you're getting old.

In all seriousness, I'm from the generation that doesn't think about the past and the future. Sometimes it worries me how little I care about my long term goals but then I just turn on the TV and watch The Simpsons. I soon stop worrying. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm unique in this way of thinking.

3. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I'll be 35 then, and staring 40 full in the face. I'd rather not entertain such thoughts, thanks all the same. :eek:

4. mpw thread starter Guest

Doh! Why you young whipper-snapper I ought to...ow my back...little help here....

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

In five years I will be 25.....which is 1/4th of the way to being 100! :eek: now I am starting to feel old......

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I've had four jobs in the past five years. I was successful in all of them, but bored and unchallenged. I'm back in school and will complete an MA in Teaching this fall. I've always wanted to teach jr or sr high school.

In five years, I hope to be away from this town in my fifth year of teaching!

7. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    Hmm. 5 years ago I was just finishing up radiation treatment.

5 years from now I will probably be finding a cancer caused by the treatments.

Eat drink and be merry, for tomorrow you die.