CS Batch Action, What am I doing wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sarge, Mar 23, 2005.

1. sarge macrumors 6502a

sarge

I just got a Canon 20d camera for a job I shot yesterday. I shot in RAW mode in order to get the most out of the image in post processing.
    I have tweaked about 100+ images that I re-worked and saved into Tiff files.
    The Client requires JPEGs.
    Needless to say, I don't want to convert each of these Tiff files by hand, so Iam trying to create a New Action in Photoshop CS which saves me time (computers are supposed to be good at this I've heard).
    I have tried recording an action that converts from 16bit to 8 bit,
    resizes the image, saves as JPEGcopy and closes the file. So far so good.
    When I try to batch this action, I get an error message saying that the function is not available. I have placed a check next to the new action to activate it, but I can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Can anyone help?

Thanks

2. sarge thread starter macrumors 6502a

sarge

OK, I figured it out.

Well, I'll go ahead and answer my own question. Don't believe everything you read. I bought a photoshop 'how to' book and they got it wrong. For anyone else who read the same thing about creating a new action file, DON"T open the file first before launching the 'new action' function. You must start the new action and THEN open the file; make your adjustments, then save and finally stop the action recording. God, the power of the printed word has just been driven home...