CS on mac

Discussion in 'Games' started by lmann, Nov 26, 2003.

1. lmann macrumors member

is there any way in which i can play Counter strike on my mac without using Virtual PC ??

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

This subject has been done to death, do a search of the fourms for more info.

3. ScottDodson macrumors 6502

ScottDodson

My head is gonna' explode!!!

P.S. If you like CS, try Frag Ops UT2003 mod...that's as close as you are gonna' get....

4. Maclarny macrumors 6502

Maclarny

I suggest picking up Quake 3 for 20 bucks and downloading True Combat. It's really good for LAN parties, looks great, and isn't hefty on the system requirements.

5. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

How many times has this been discussed to death? ;) Obviously the poster was not aware of the previous discussions regarding this topic, (I can recall manay a thread...), which is completely fair, but yah, I agree with everything else - Quake 3, UT2003 - it's all the same for all intents and purposes and will "get the job done" just as well as CS. If you're a hardcore CS fan though, and nothing else will do, I think you're outta luck...

6. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

7. lmann thread starter macrumors member

OKI DOKI, I almost felt sorry for asking, but as a so called "newbie" I havn't been through the forum so much, hence my question. However, I'm not a hardcore CS fan, just seeking something similar. Will pick up UT2003 and quake 3. THNX.:D

8. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

counterstrike is available on xbox now and it improves upon the pc verison with more maps. Plus with xbox live it is easily as good as the original.

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

What else is the xbox but a pared-down Windows PC? With some work, any Windows-based game should run on xbox.

10. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

Very True.

xBox is the closest you can get to a PC without marketing calling it that.

11. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I couldn't agree more. I said that even before the XBox was released - my exact words, I believe, were, "It's a f@$%ing computer!!!" I was actually pretty much saying that out of frustration, as many of my friends at the time were all about the XBox (not saying it's a bad thing, by the way), but I, personally am still a fan of my PS2. :)

I always found that the XBox is a PC gaming machine, whereas the PS2 is more like a true console, at least af far as game selection goes. So, it just depends what types of games you're into. I have always found though that PC gamers tend to lean towards the XBox more, but that's just in general, from my experience.

12. neoelectronaut macrumors 68020

neoelectronaut

Speaking of Q3 and UT...anyone know where I can purchase Q3 and the original UT for the Mac? I'm having some trouble finding it.

13. lewdvig macrumors 65816

Buy Quake III gold - it has Mac, Linux and PC versions and the expansion pack. $30 CDN, so probably $20 USD.

Any EB will have it. Circuit City, Best Buy, etc.

14. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

is there a local apple store near you? if so you can buy them there or www.amazon.com

15. manitoubalck macrumors 6502a

manitoubalck

The X-Box is a PC, it has a GeForce2 MX, 10GB HDD, PIII 733 (I think,) RAM soulderd in, etc...

What else does it need to be a PC a VGA out put and PS/2 mouse and keyboard ports.

16. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Let me go outside and beat the dead horse again.

Nope.