Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Feb 18, 2006
Hong Kong
Hi All,

I am using the CS3 beta and I am having an issue.

For the record, I've been using Photoshop for a long time now. Apart from the Universal Binary update, I can't say I'm hugely impressed, but that's another issue altogether.

The problem I am having is very small and crude, but it is driving me crazy.

I have a relatively large canvas with many layers, (which I made in CS2) and I am having trouble creating and manipulating shapes (such as a rectangle in this case). In CS3, the layer linking is much more crazier than in CS2, i.e it really wants to flatten layers together, making it a pain to edit things. If this happened in CS2, I could use a shift-click to select something individually etc., but in CS3 it isn't letting me.

Help anyone?

Cheers.

EDIT: Yes I know I accidentally called the thread 'CS2 problem' instead of CS3 Problem, but I don't think I can edit a title.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
This might be something to bring up in the Adobe CS3 forum. Over there, you might get some feedback on whether it's a bug or feature (I'm guessing it's a bug, the beta has lots of rough edges).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.