CS3 Benchmark I want to see:

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pintong, Dec 16, 2006.

1. pintong macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2006
    CS3 Mac vs CS3 Windows under Boot Camp on the same computer. That should show some real comparisons between how each version has been optimized. Not just one test, either - startup, filters, actions, etc. I'm painfully curious.

There's nothing to be found by Google, yet.
  2. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I tried running the RetouchArtists.com speed test on CS3 under Windows Vista on my iMac, but Photoshop crashed, then Vista crashed with some error saying that such and such instruction addressed a null memory address. I had to do a hard reset. Then I remembered why I think Windows (including Vista) sucks so bad and rebooted into Mac OS X.

Seriously though, that did happen. I can try again, but I'm not in the mood to do so right now. FWIW, my result on the iMac in my sig was 2:17. Also, I did time Photoshop CS3's startup time after a fresh reboot in Vista, and it was 15 seconds as opposed to 6 seconds in OS X.
  3. pintong thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2006
    Interesting! Thanks for at least trying. Everyone had been saying, "well, once CS3 comes out we'll have a better benchmark," so I'm anxious to see it done. Looking forward to hearing about your next attempt :)
  4. pintong thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 16, 2006