CS3 Crashing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Aperture, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

Hi Everyone. I just did the 10.4.9 update and now I am having trouble with Photoshop CS3. (worked fine before) When I go to File > Save, it instantly crashes. Thats it. It crashes. This happens every single time. Please, any help appreciated.

Thanks

2. SpaceJello macrumors 6502

i haven't updated to 10.4.9 yet... does anyone else have this same problem, i am hesitant if this is the case.

3. Mossman macrumors member

4. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

5. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

6. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

Just reinstall it, I had some issues a few weeks ago and a reinstall fixed it.

7. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

8. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I've already reinstalled 3 times. Its under Rosetta to run the plugins that aren't yet accessible.

9. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

OK, I see that you've already brought this up with Adobe, and that it's not only a problem with saving. the dump isn't especially informative, except that it looks like the problem may be outside Photoshop, on the x86 side. Perhaps something went wrong with the OS X update install.

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

11. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Have you updated to the new QT ?

Make sure you have then repair permissions.

It could also be the Rosetta plug-ins you have won't work with 10.4.9

In order for this to be a "bug" it must be reproducible 3 times under the same state and/or conditions.

12. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I just installed CS2 and it is also crashing. I was able to save the crash log again, and have posted it here. Please take a look at this as I am open to all solutions. I am beginning to feel you guys are correct in the fact that perhaps a plugin isn't compatible with 10.4.9.

Is there a way to revert back to 10.4.9?

Thanks

13. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

Downgrades generally have to be done the hard way, archive and install followed by an update to the OS X version you want. This is the kind of situation that makes bootable disk-to-disk backups so popular :eek:

Before you get into that, perhaps you could pull out all your third-party plugins, see if the problem goes away, then add them back one by one to see if one of them is causing the trouble.

Also, if you use anything at all on the system that relies on Application Enhancer, disable it. The Insanity people like to claim that APE is incapable of breaking things, but that's not quite true; anything loaded by APE certainly can cause grief. Anything that relies on SIMBL has the same potential to get in the way.

14. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

I did an Archive & Install. 'Now updating to 10.4.8. The question is whether I should try updating to 10.4.9 again? Perhaps the problem won't arise as tons of others have CS3 working fine in 10.4.9. One step I wished I had tried was making a new user account and testing it on there. Oh well.

I'll keep you posted.

15. Aperture thread starter macrumors 68000

Aperture

Nope. I'm on 10.4.8 and it is STILL crashing with saves. How can this be?

16. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You could go ahead and give the new user thing a shot (archive and install will have preserved any weirdness in your user account). I'd give the disk a check (not permissions, the disk test) to see if anything is out of whack, and maybe even run the hardware tests (this one's unlikely since it's only one app and choosing a single place to crash, but PS does give the system a good workout so it's not impossible).