Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Merser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
NJ
First off, I know this has been asked before but I could not find a satisfactory answer. If I am about to invest bookoo bucks on this freaking software I want to make sure I can run it well.

I am thinking of picking up a copy of Adobe CS3 Design Standard (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) for my 1st generation black macbook.

I have read quite a few postings of people that run CS3 on their Core 2 Duo Macbooks, but remember, the 1st generation ones are just Intel Core Duo 2.0ghz.

I have upgraded the RAM to 2gb.

Will I be able to run these programs smoothly? If they are going to be choppy I guess I'll be force to get, dare I say it...., a PC version for my desktop.

Anyone out there running CS3 on their 1st gen blackbooks?

Thanks in advance.

Luigi239

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2007
First off, I know this has been asked before but I could not find a satisfactory answer. If I am about to invest bookoo bucks on this freaking software I want to make sure I can run it well.

I am thinking of picking up a copy of Adobe CS3 Design Standard (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) for my 1st generation black macbook.

I have read quite a few postings of people that run CS3 on their Core 2 Duo Macbooks, but remember, the 1st generation ones are just Intel Core Duo 2.0ghz.

I have upgraded the RAM to 2gb.

Will I be able to run these programs smoothly? If they are going to be choppy I guess I'll be force to get, dare I say it...., a PC version for my desktop.

Anyone out there running CS3 on their 1st gen blackbooks?

Thanks in advance.

The Core Duo Macbooks are very capable machines. With 2gbs of ram, Photoshop should fly. There is no reason why your year old hardware should not run Photoshop perfectly. If you are really that concerned, download the trial from adobe.com.

Over Achiever

macrumors 68000
I have an "old" black macbook just like you described, 2 GHz Core Duo, upgraded to 2 GB of RAM. It runs CS3 just fine. Download a trial version to see if the speeds are acceptable to you, but coming from CS2, CS3 was immensely faster.

I don't expect you to have any problems.

Merser

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
NJ
I have an "old" black macbook just like you described, 2 GHz Core Duo, upgraded to 2 GB of RAM. It runs CS3 just fine. Download a trial version to see if the speeds are acceptable to you, but coming from CS2, CS3 was immensely faster.

I don't expect you to have any problems.

AHH Good to Hear. I had heard about some issues with CS2, I am glad to hear that its been resolved with CS3 native support.

Thanks again all for your responses. I know it was a silly question but I had to make sure.

Since this will be my first time using this software to its full extent I wasnt sure how to gauge "fast" is "fast" while running the demo version.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.