CS3 on more than one machine!?!

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by feyd_ehway, Sep 9, 2007.

1. macrumors regular

feyd_ehway

i bought adobe creative suite 3 - design premium [student licensing for mac]... in the past havent you been able to put a program on up to three machines? :( id like to put it on my macbook pro as well as my ibook... does anyone have any recommendations please?

2. macrumors Core

I think you can only install it on two machines...

3. macrumors 6502a

grafikat

Adobe is running an activation program, so I think you can only run it on one machine at a time, a total of 2 installations....at least according to what I've read.

4. macrumors 65816

You can install it on 2 computers.

From the CS3 EULA:

5. macrumors newbie

Deactivate

Can someone deactivate your copy of the software? I have a client who is trying to do that to my software so he can put it on his kids machine rather then for the work that I am doing for them.

I don't think they can deactivate it remotely, but I want to know for sure.

This is what I get for working for crazy clients!

6. macrumors 65816

Yes, in the Activation dialog there's an option for deactivating CS3 for that computer. I just did it for a client who had a hard drive that was about to die and needed to be replaced.

7. macrumors newbie

Really? You can deactivate a computer remotely? Wow. I looked all over for documentation on this and I can't find any anywhere. Hmmm... not good.

8. macrumors 68020

aricher

my company recently bought cs3 to upgade 5 Macs. They gave us only one serial number. Must be some top secret multi install corporate thing.

9. macrumors 6502

Yeah they offer Open Licensing, which allows you to use one serial on multiple installs.