Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jbgc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
I've been using Illustrator for quite a while but when I updated from Snow Leopard to Lion, It wouldn't open. It jumps up and down for about 3 seconds then gives me a crash report.

I re-instaled a fresh copy of Lion and started from scratch, then proceed to install Illustrator CS5 but I still ran into the same problem. It's getting very annoying and I really want to avoid downgrading to Snow Leopard.

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Illustrator CS5 is working for me in 10.7.2; perhaps it's a problem with your Adobe installation rather than Lion.

Rob

jbgc

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
perhaps it's a problem with your Adobe installation rather than Lion.

The stupid part is that Bridge, PhotoShop and InDesign all work fine, but Illustrator continues to be a pain in the butt. Any ideas?

----------

Looks like I found the answer to my own post. I was reading on this thread and it turns out that my monitoring spyware application "Refog" is what's causing the problem. VERY strange but I'm glad I found the solution.

Last edited:

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
My standalone Illustrator CS5 is working fine. Not so Design Premium CS3. Bought the update and expect it soon. Then I'll be joining in all the fun hijinks getting CS5.5 installed and running.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.