CSS mssing and Nvu

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Butler Trumpet, Jul 1, 2006.

?

Which website builder do you like

1. Dreamweaver

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Nvu (open source)

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. iWeb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Other

9 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. Butler Trumpet macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Question 1
    I primarily use Dreamweaver, and I have been using tables so far (i know i know...) but I have been looking to go to CSS, however, when I tried, they are all missing!!!! Is there anyway I can get these back? Im using DWMX2004

Question 2
    Is there anyway to use an HTML Image (an image with clickable hotspots) in Nvu? I cant figure it out. It only gives you the option of a normal image, and when i try the HTML image, it doesnt show up.

Thanks!

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Question 1: What do you mean, that CSS are all missing?

Question 2: What you are looking for is an image map. HTML image is a term that doesn't have meaning (to me at least).

Question 3 - Why did you make this a poll??

3. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Question 1: What I mean by missing... after looking at it more I found them, and I think I just dont know how to use CSS. I dont know enough HTML to put a site together without having a visual thing in front of me. Maybe soon

Question 2: Thanks

Question 3: Because I wanted to.... got a problem with it? HUH? :cool:

4. Butler Trumpet thread starter macrumors 6502

Butler Trumpet

Okay what Im saying about Nvu, is that it wont let me put in fireworks HTML. There is no way that I can find to insert an image map. So I have the 6 or so files that create the one larger image, but I cant figure out how to use them.

Any help with that?

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Another vote for "other". I prefer to use TextWrangler (along with Cyberduck) for 99% of my work... :)

I've still not quite given up on Dreamweaver, though, it has some nice features that I might exploit if I'm going to make a really complex page layout... but most of the time I like to use a simple text editor with syntax colouring, and the free TextWrangler is perfect IMO.

6. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

TextMate is winning the war of HTML editors...

And doing it easy.

It gets my vote every-time. So I voted other.