Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which website builder do you like

• Dreamweaver

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Nvu (open source)

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • iWeb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
Question 1
I primarily use Dreamweaver, and I have been using tables so far (i know i know...) but I have been looking to go to CSS, however, when I tried, they are all missing!!!! Is there anyway I can get these back? Im using DWMX2004

Question 2
Is there anyway to use an HTML Image (an image with clickable hotspots) in Nvu? I cant figure it out. It only gives you the option of a normal image, and when i try the HTML image, it doesnt show up.

Thanks!

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
CanadaRAM said:
Question 1: What do you mean, that CSS are all missing?

Question 2: What you are looking for is an image map. HTML image is a term that doesn't have meaning (to me at least).

Question 3 - Why did you make this a poll??

Question 1: What I mean by missing... after looking at it more I found them, and I think I just dont know how to use CSS. I dont know enough HTML to put a site together without having a visual thing in front of me. Maybe soon

Question 2: Thanks

Question 3: Because I wanted to.... got a problem with it? HUH? :cool:

Butler Trumpet

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Dekalb IL
Okay what Im saying about Nvu, is that it wont let me put in fireworks HTML. There is no way that I can find to insert an image map. So I have the 6 or so files that create the one larger image, but I cant figure out how to use them.

Any help with that?

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Another vote for "other". I prefer to use TextWrangler (along with Cyberduck) for 99% of my work... :)

I've still not quite given up on Dreamweaver, though, it has some nice features that I might exploit if I'm going to make a really complex page layout... but most of the time I like to use a simple text editor with syntax colouring, and the free TextWrangler is perfect IMO.

elppa

macrumors 68040
Nov 26, 2003
TextMate is winning the war of HTML editors...

And doing it easy.

It gets my vote every-time. So I voted other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.